Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Halle

One day I took my daughter for her driving exam, and without a car i was left to wonder a very small town..but there was a pet store...i headed directly to the back and spotted a tiny bit of black fluff...the tiny bit of black fluff spotted me and lifted a feeble paw to the cage, i turned and went to the clerk, and asked how much is that kitten in the cage...she said 25.00....hummmmm. I had a vacancy at home as i had just lost a cat a few months before..I could not stop thinking about that poor little ball of black fluff and it just so happened my daughter flunked her driving test and had to retake it a week later...I went home and said to my husband, How long will it take me to talk you into a kitten...I have till thursday....he frowned and said well your an adult and you have to decide if you want another pet...i had already decided and phoned the shop and went to pick her up before my daughter took her next exam....it was Friday the 13th, and i called her Halle..Halle for Halle Berry..cause she is black and for Halliwell cause she is my Halloween cat...when i picked her up she was very thin and malnurished...I took her to the vet the next day and she was underfed and very small for her age...she had mites and tons of fleas...in total with her shots..she cost me around 300.00 because my other cat caught mites and i had to treat the dog as well....she had to be treated twice for the mites...she loved me at first touch i think, and began to purr. She sat on my shoulder in the car and lied on her back in the seat next to me and just watched me all the way home...I had taken a leopard cat bed a little litter box and a bunch of toys...she was very happy i think...she still loves the car even now, a year later..I was told today by the owner of this site, that she is a Black Smoke Tabby....aw she has very large green eyes and when you look at her face that is all you see...She has captured the heart of my husband who was strictly a dog man....and my dog thinks she belongs to him...they wrestle and play and cleans him regularly...my dog that is...She is my kindred spirit..everyone loves her...and she greets everyone even strangers when they come in the door...I always wanted a Black Cat....even when i was a little girl..I know she was waiting for me....I was so glad when i picked her up and took her home, my heart was beating so fast and i had tears in my eyes...it was so wonderful, she has brought an incredible sense of peace to the whole family..Cats Rule....