Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: cat pooping outside litter box

Dear Linda,

Thank you for submitting your problem to our Feline Forum.

Your female is quite stressed by the move to your new home. This problem may subside over time as she adjusts to her new environment. You may wish to stimulate her by allowing her to sit on the window ledge and view her new neighborhood.

Sometimes a sensitive feline is terribly stressed by a new home and the activity of settling in and unpacking boxes. You have also changed in your new home and have been envolved with setting up the new house. As time passes and your female is given the same level of attention the problem should cease. As owners I don't believe we truly understand how attached our felines are to our behavior. As the family routine returns to normal I believe your little girl will also develop better litter box habits.

Would you please read my consultation for Nancy McKinnon. It is shown as "Cat Defecating Outside Litter Box" by Nancy McKinnon. Read her situation and my response, for your problems are very similar.

If you have any additional comments to make I would be pleased to continue this consultation until your female stops this behavior.

Best Wishes,

Jasmine,

Psychic Feline Behavior Consultant

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi,

We moved into a new home about 4 weeks ago, with our 2 cats. The female cat started to randomly poop in the back room about a week after the move. I feel like it is an emotional upset, because normally she is a very tempermental kitty. She does use the litter some too, but usually every other day or every day we will wake up to find a little "present" from her in that room. Just FYI, we live in a neighborhood with many cats roaming around. Where we lived before also had this problem though, and she didn't do this. She also used to LOVE going outdoors and since the move will NOT go outside. (fine with me, because I'd rather keep her in.)I try to eliminate her seeing the cats outside through the window by keeping the drapes closed. Any suggestions how to stop this behavior? I have tried giving her extra love and attention, tried changing the litter but ended up changing it back because that did not help! We love her dearly but are very irritated at this!! Help! Thanks!