Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HELP! cat pooping in planter box's

Cats in the neighborhood have been using my planter box's and gravel paths for a litter box. Any suggestions on how to stop this. I had heard that putting citrus peels in the area would help, but to no avail. Any other ideas?

Re: HELP! cat pooping in planter box's

I have not personally had this problem in my neighborhood. Therefore I'm unsure of the best method to discourage random use of your property in this manner by roaming felines.

I would be curious why they have suddenly started this unwelcome behavior. Do you own cats yourself? Are they outside or inside felines? Are they all altered?

There are products available on the market that would discourage felines from this behavior. I would not only inquire with your vet I would also question Pet Food Store Distributors that carry such products. It has been my experience that the smaller stores are more knowledgeable on this subject and would advise avoiding the larger pet food chain stores.

I am presently in contact with a very helpful employee from the Broadmead Canadian Tire in my area. Witney has advised that the Company 'King Home and Garden' provides an outside cat repellant called 'GET OFF MY GARDEN'. This product is very effective and reasonably priced. It is non offensive to people but cats are repelled by the odor. It is available in a jelly or spray format and Witney advises that the jelly is longer lasting. You will not have to be concerned with the product becoming less effective under various weather conditions. Witney went to the trouble in make several calls to provide a toll free telephone number for the United States. King Home & Garden will provide a store where their product may be purchased in the United States. 1-888-668-5456. May I suggest Canadians buy this product from Canadian Tire. If you live on Vancouver Island and frequent the Broadmead Canadian Tire, Witney was most helpful. Thank you so much Witney, I appreciate your assistance very much.

Thank you for submitting this problem to the Feline Forum. You have helped many people with this annoying problem by posting your inquiry.

Best Wishes,

Jasmine,

Psychic Feline Behavior Consultant

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Cats in the neighborhood have been using my planter box's and gravel paths for a litter box. Any suggestions on how to stop this. I had heard that putting citrus peels in the area would help, but to no avail. Any other ideas?