Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: cat peeing in my sons bed and in crib

Dear Rochelle,

Your vet is correct that this is a feline behavioral situation. I further believe that the onset of the original bacterial infection was a physical symptom also connected to creating your cat's present behavior. As your cat has been vet checked she is not trying to communicate to you that she is physically ill. I do believe, however, she is using her indiscriminate urinating to communicate her emotional dis-ease to you. This emotional dis-ease also known as excessive feline stress was present and created the physical bacterial infection where she required medical attention. Have you returned to your vet to ascertain that her present bout of urinating is not due to a re-infection which may require additional antibiotics?

I have additional questions before continuing this consultation. This will help me to ascertain the best method in altering her behavior prior to the birth of your baby.

You have indicated that she is three years old. Was this episode in December the first time she has had a bacterial infection? Has she ever urinated in this fashion before? Did you bring her into your home prior to the birth of your first child?

What kind of a personality does she have, is she a skittish cat, a lap cat, a playful cat or an affectionate feline?

You are a busy mother expecting a new baby so the routine in your home, over the last several years, has constantly been in change. Is your cat extremely bonded to you as the principle caregiver in the home? How is life treating you right now? Are there not enough hours in the day for you? Are you feeling the pressure from your endless daily responsibilities? Have you been the only owner of your feline for the duration of her life? Do you usually work outside of your home or are you caring for your children full time at home? Does your cat urinate when you are not present or have you ever caught her in the act?

I sincerely believe we can solve your cat's problem. I would like to know her name and coloring and if she a purebred or domestic cat. Would it be a difficult decision for you to place her in another home? My next consultation will be based upon your response as every situation is different.

I have been ill for the last several weeks and have been unable to contribute to Jasmine's Feline Forum. I promise you a quick response once you have been able to answer my questions.

Thank you for submitting this interesting problem to our Feline Forum.

Sincerely,

Jasmine,

Psychic Feline Behavior Consultant

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

My 3 year old cat has recently started peeing in my sons room, in his bed and in the babys crib (I am due next month). In december I took her to the vet and she did have a bacterial infection, and was on antibiotics for a couple weeks. She seemed to be better, then last night she peed in my sons bed again. The vet told me it could be behavioral?? I don't know what to do with her, I may have to find a new home for her???