Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
brave cat

I have a bobtailed cat named Puss. We got her as a kitten. She would follow my youngest son Matt every where. She would play hide and seek and even watch cartoons with him. Now that Puss is 3 years old she has become protective of Matt. At night she would climb in bed stand on his chest lick his nose and then sleep at his feet always with her head pointing towards the dor as if on guard. Well several weeks ago Matt came running inside saying Puss was fighting with a snake. I ran out and sure enough Puss had a baby snake pined under my lawn chair. Puss ran off and I saw this little snake under my chair. Not knowing what kind it was i left it alone. I tried to find out what kind it was but did not till just recently. Puss however was not satisfied with the snake in the yard. She came back hunted it down killed it and took it off to the woods. We now know it was a baby copperhead. We feel that since Matt was outside nearby playing that puss was protecting Matt. She wanted to make sure that the snake would not harm Matt so she hunted, killed it, and took it off. She was not hurt or bite which was amazing. We think that Puss saved our son from the snake cause he would have tried to pick it up. For that we dearly love Puss. What a brave and wonderful cat!

Sara