Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
can`t tell if cat is in heat

we adopted a 4 month old male kitten and then we adopted a 1 yr old himalyan mix female.my husband went out of town and the next day she started meowing all day and night. she meowed all through the house.she has also been sticking her bottom up in the air,rubbing it up against stuff.our male goes over and starts biting her on the neck and licking her bottom. i tried putting her into bed with me. she gets in the bed for a inute then takes off and starts meowing loudly.before this she was so quiet. is she in heat? if so, how long does it last? thank you

Re: can`t tell if cat is in heat

Yep! It sounds like she is in heat no doubt. This stage usually lasts about a week. She will come right back in heat if not bred though. Some cycle every couple of weeks if not bred and some go a month or so.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

we adopted a 4 month old male kitten and then we adopted a 1 yr old himalyan mix female.my husband went out of town and the next day she started meowing all day and night. she meowed all through the house.she has also been sticking her bottom up in the air,rubbing it up against stuff.our male goes over and starts biting her on the neck and licking her bottom. i tried putting her into bed with me. she gets in the bed for a inute then takes off and starts meowing loudly.before this she was so quiet. is she in heat? if so, how long does it last? thank you