Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cat question

I have a 9 month old selkirk rex(a chocolate silver lynx point) so she looks like a siamese..i got her at the end of january and it has taken up until now that she has become used to my family, she seems to have taken up with me quite nicely after all this time, i also might add that she had been traded with another breeder before i got her, to which she was abused, so that is why she isnt a very friendly kitty. I have also aquired 2 himilayans(sp) that was just given away, and 2 regular calico house cats....one of the himilayans is a male, the other is female to which i have discovered about 3 weeks ago was pregnant when i got her...now my question is this....my selkirk about 3 days or so ago has started to have really hard nasty looking hair around her bottom area, is this a sign that she and the male have interacted with each other or is she just not keeping clean or what? I have next to no experience with cat breeding, i have a little experience when it comes to dog breeding due to my mother being a breeder, so i know when the male and female interact that it leaves them "sticky" persay, so i was wondering if this was the case with cats....any help or comments would be appreciated.