Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Munchkin Cats

Hi,

thanks for getting back so quickly. No, neither my male nor female have ever "done it" yet. They are both new to the mating game. My female, Zsa Zsa, has not come back into heat since then. This took place around March 19-21st or so. I was under the impression that queens came into heat for 3-4 days, every approx. two weeks until they are bred. She has not come back into heat since then, and there is no difference in her stomach size whatsoever. I have noticed that her nipples seem to be turning a pinker color, though they are not swelling or anything. The hair around them also *seems* to be spreading away, but again.. nothing so noticeable that I could look and say "oh yeah, we'll have kittens". Is she going through a false pregnancy maybe? Or am I maybe just overdramatizing her symptoms, and she didn't get bred at all and just hasn't come into heat. ? Thanks.

Re: Munchkin Cats

Hi Beth,

Although it is possible that your queen, Zsa Zsa, may be experiencing a false pregnancy, I'm more inclinded to believe that she is pregnant. A queen should have come back into heat by this time according to the dates that you have provided.

With her nipples pinking up and the hair lost around her nipples, it appears her body is preparing for her first litter. Please watch her carefully for any discharge and maintain a good source of nutrition for her litter. I would cater to my girls during their pregnancies and found cooked chicken was a favourite. If her appetite has increased and she is becoming very affectionate with you I would suspect your male was successful.

If you have any further concerns please contact me. If you have any concerns about Zsa Zsa's health, a vet check would be strongly advised.

Please keep in contact with us and congratulations, you will truly enjoy the experience of being a registered breeder.

Take care,
Jasmine Kinnear