Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new kitten

Hello,
I am searching for a new female kitten for my new breeding program. I have been communicating with breeders who either refuse to contact me after one or two communications (finding out I am newish) or want to charge me high prices for kittens that they would NEVER charge another established breeder.

I have read your book.

Here is my question: A breeder has a kitten that she is willing to sell me but she wants ME to decide if it is show quality. I am, quite frankly, outraged by this suggestion. My feeling is that either she does not KNOW if her kitten will be show quality at 8 weeks now, or she does not know breed standard and isn't willing to commit.

Unfortunatly, this kitten LOOKS (in pics) like she will be a very good boned cat, and is a Black solid Maine Coon. (carries tabby red) While I am NOT willing to make a bad purchase, I am willing to take a LITTLE chance on a possiblity

This breeder does test for genetic, accourding to herself. I have not seen a pedigree yet, waiting.

What do you think (please do not answer me in the third person, as that form of address is very disturbing, thanks).