​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FOR FOX PEN OWNERS AND HOUNDSMEN

Lucas v. South Carolina Coastal Council, 505 U.S. 1003 (1992) , was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States established the "total takings" test for evaluating whether a particular regulatory action constitutes a regulatory taking that requires compensation.

Contact a sharp lawyer - and file an injuction to allow continued running, pending a lawsuit against the state of florida for depriving your rights - or make the state of florida compensate you for the foxpens and hounds.

Re: FOR FOX PEN OWNERS AND HOUNDSMEN

All you Florida hunters need to call your SPCA and ask them to come get your foxdogs. Tell them with the pens closed and the way the economy is you cannot afford to keep them. Give them the name of the people who are responsible for closing the pens. What do you think will happen when a SPCA office is told they will have 400 or 500 hounds brought to them at 1 time. You have to be just as crazy as the antis!!!

I hope everyone is not crazy enough to take the advice of some of these no name post some seem to have sound advice others not. I will leave it up to you to decide which is which. to abandon your hounds at this point would be lime sticking a knife in your own heart I hope our actions are more well thought of and sounder than this way of thinking

Wish people would have to register with this site and Speeddogs and eliminate the no-name posts. I wouldn't care if I had to pay a fee to read or post either. I already do on other sports sites.

SHANNON I AGREE.

Shannon....
SpeedDogs is a closely monitored site, and if there is not a full name, the post is usually deleted.
Nothing is perfect and some do slide by, but there are a number of folks that call and let me or Clint know when there are inappropriate posts.
As for what is posted....folks should think about what they are posting, and even reread the post before putting it out on the world-wide web for all to see.
That said, these sites provide a great exchange of information, and are quite helpful. However some folks in an attempt at humor, or petty jealousy, or lack of forethought do cause occaisional problems!
We all need to work together more closely and strive to preserve running of our hounds which we all love, no matter what type "game" we are pursuing!

ALLAN BISHOP
(JABBER JAW)

People really need to watch what they post. It has been told to me that most of what the antis used in Fl. came from Master Fox and speeddogs. It is great that we have sites to promote our hunting,but please limit what you say. Even a post made in fun that really isn't even the truth about what goes on in our sport hurts us all. it is time for us to stand together and use this and other sites to promote what we do not destroy it. Please be very careful with your words the antis love to see us act like fools. Most of foxhunters are smart hard working famliy people don't let a few bad written words kill our sport. Just stop and think before you type.

Set the site up like Craig's List and enable the users to flag a post.

Other sites I use require you to register for a user name and password.

Fred I think you do a good job and have done tremendous feats for foxhunting. Keep up the good work.

Wade

Allan,

I have noticed that on Speeddogs. Wish the same would happen on here.

DO NOT be giving up your hounds. That is playing in to the hands of the anti's and that is just what they want. Do not think that the SPCA is going to be finding them nice homes either. In a few days I will have some figures together for you all as to just how much money that is given to the Humane Society is actually used for the good of the animals that they so profess to protect and defend.

Please read the following, this is a TRUE example of how the HSUS cons money out of the general public to use against the hard working people of this country.
Just hold on to your horses, give us a little bit to get our feet under us and we are going to come out with guns a blazin' to battle this and we will need the support and efforts of everyone of you.

"Consumer Group: HSUS Must Return Donations after Misleading Haiti Fundraising

Humane Society Of The United States Has A History Of Deceptive Pitches

Washington, DC - The Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF) is calling on the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) to return all the funds it has raised under the pretense of "saving" animals in the wake of Haiti's devastating earthquake. A disaster relief expert working with Humane Society International (HSUS's global arm) reports that there are no animal issues resulting from the earthquake and that no actions can be taken to help animals there. This follows a thorough assessment of the situation in Haiti.

HSUS continues to raise funds for "emergency" donations, claiming Tuesday that "Humane Society International's team on the ground in Haiti continues its work of helping animals in distress."

David Martosko, Director of Research at the Center for Consumer Freedom released the following statement on HSUS's deceptive fundraising:

Raising money to help nonexistent animals is the lowest kind of fundraising scam. Sadly, it's just the latest in a string of phony HSUS fundraising schemes.

In 2007 HSUS raised money with the false promise that it would be used to "care for the dogs seized in the Michael Vick case." The New York Times later reported that HSUS was not caring for the animals at all, and HSUS president Wayne Pacelle said his group is recommending that government officials "put down" (kill) all the dogs, many of which were later saved by other organizations.

HSUS also raised a reported $34 million in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, funds that were supposed to help reunite lost pets with their owners. But an investigation by WSB-TV in Atlanta found that less than $7 million of this money could be publicly accounted for.

In the name of transparency, HSUS should cease its Haiti fundraising immediately, or redirect 100 percent of the proceeds to the American Red Cross.

The Center for Consumer Freedom is a nonprofit coalition supported by restaurants, food companies, and consumers, working together to promote personal responsibility and protect consumer choices.

For media comment, contact our media department at 202-463-7112 ext. 115"