​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Post what foxdogs have helped with!!

I haven't been around hounds for a while but I still keep up with them. Show people how we raise money for good causes. The last few years I owned hounds we raised more than $4000 for a hurt fellow hunter to pay medical bills. I also raised more tham $6000 for The American Cancer Society by raffling off a dog box. All of this was possible because of FOXPENS!!!

Re: Post what foxdogs have helped with!!

We had a puppy hunt last year for a Very good man with a major Illness and raised over $1700 dollars to help with his medical expenses.

Dale...You are right in what you say...BUT....unfortunately the ANTI's as in HSUS,PETA, & any of these other idiots DO NOT CARE what we do, the contribution we make to the economy in an area, or any other positive!
All they want at all costs is to put an end to the right to hunt with hounds, hunt in foxpens, or hunt any other type of game.
Now,if we can put together legitimate information about the ECONOMIC IMPACT had in a state or specific area, and bring that to the attention of those in the legislature, and we can make a contribution to helping those that support us elected....then we are doing something!
Those that are against us have not just millions to spend, but hunreds of millions to spend...why...because they dupe folks that care about pets and animals into thinking that the particular organization they represent are for the animals. Which is a LIE...PETA nor HSUS contribute to the welfare of animals! All they want to do is euthanize, and push their POLITICAL agenda. They are just like politicians...or even worse...if you can believe that!!

ALLAN BISHOP
(JABBER JAW)

Alan you are correct, but we have to start not only somewhere but EVERYWHERE!!If I can find out who all is buying feed and supplies in my area I will go sit and talk to Dale Erdey; who is my neighbor and friend, who sits in the Louisiana Legislature for our area. Send me some info and I will be glad to give it to him. I also think pen owners need to get together in Louisiana and get involved with wildlife & fisheries to get rules and laws in effect before our state gets caught up in a mess like Florida. Lets start acting before we have to react !!

DALE I HAVE NO EARTHLY IDEA HOW MUCH MONEY THAT WE HAVE RAISED FOR NEEDY FAMILIES AND PEOPLE IN NEED IN GENERAL -I KNOW OF ONE FIELD TRIAL WE HELD THAT WE GATHERED OVER 35 THOUSAND DOLLARS AND ANOTHER 3 OR 4 THAT WERE WELL OVER 25 THOUSAND DOLLARS EACH -THE NUMBER HAS TO BE IN THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS THAT I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH GENERATING FOR THE NEEDY OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS -AND THIS IS FOR THE PEOPLE DIRECTLY THERE HAVE ALSO BEEN A LOT DONE FOR THE CANCER ASSOCIATIONS,AND YOU KNOW THROUGH ALL THESE HUNTS FOR THE NEEDY I CANT TELL YOU OF ONE RED CENT THAT PETA OR HSUS GAVE TO US OR ANY OF THESE PEOPLE. DAVID BAILEY

Dale Severio
Alan you are correct, but we have to start not only somewhere but EVERYWHERE!!If I can find out who all is buying feed and supplies in my area I will go sit and talk to Dale Erdey; who is my neighbor and friend, who sits in the Louisiana Legislature for our area. Send me some info and I will be glad to give it to him. I also think pen owners need to get together in Louisiana and get involved with wildlife & fisheries to get rules and laws in effect before our state gets caught up in a mess like Florida. Lets start acting before we have to react !!

There are already rules and regulations in place in Louisiana. Pens are supposed to be inspected ever so often, etc. I don't own a pen so I don't know all the regulations that have to be followed.

Just think about the revenue all the other ststes will lose out if most Florida hunters have to get out. Alot of these foxhunters go to other states to feild trial, order supplies and other things to do with foxhunting.

this sport not only does it raise alot of money it also gets children and kids involed. I no for a fact that it has put me in the bed early sobber instead of in the bed late drunk just so i could get up early and attend a feild trial, so im preety sure some were down the line it has saved atleast 1 life so glad im a feild trialer if not no telling were i would be 2day. to SAVE 1 life to me is worth millions...

STEVEN,YOU TOOK WORDS RITE OUT OF MY MOUTH.IT HAS PUT ALOT OF US IN GOOD DIRECTION.EVERYBODY NEEDS A HOBBY THAT'S AS CLEAN AS OURS.I'VE BEEN TO BED A MANY OF NIGHTS EARLY SO I COULD GET UP TO GO A HUNTING.I'LL BE GOING TO A FIELD TIAL IN A FEW WEEKS THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE A KID TO ENTER THE HOUNDS.I'LL BET ANY ANTI ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT THIS ONE HUNT WILL CHANGE MORE THAN ONE LITTLE KIDS LIFE FOREVER IN A POSITVE WAY FOR LIFE.NOBODY IS PERFECT,BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN OR BEEN AROUND BETTER PEOPLE IN MY LIFE THAN THE PEOPLE I'VE MET FOXHUNTING.THESE OPINIONATED FOLKS ARE ALWAYSGOING TO BE AROUND.WE LOVE TO HUNT & FELLOWSHIP & THEY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN BE THORN IN SOMEBODY'S SIDE.IN THIS BIG OLD NATION THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE FREEDOM,THEY CAN'T FIND THEMSELVES THERE OWN HOBBY.THAT NEVER FAILS TO AMAZE ME.WOW!!!

Anybody ever thought about enlisting the help of Purina and other prominent dog food companies? If we lose, they lose something too. We may only be a percentage of the profit that the dog food companies make but if we go away, they will suffer some. We buy food by the pallets here in North Carolina. Dog food distributors and dealers alike need to help us in this fight. just my 2 cents.

La Man, I don't know who you are but I have a pen in the state and I can't get any rules and Reg's. However every one I talk to has differ rules and reg,s but nothing in writing, if you talk to ten people you have ten differ ways they want something done. If you by chance get something in writing please fax it to me at 337-462-1374 Thank You

PS: I don't think anyone will mine if you use your name

Richard, I am not sure that all states are the same, but MS has a application for fox/rabbit enclosed permit. It states rules and regulation. Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks is who we have to sent appication to and to have it renewed once a year. I got this knowledge orignaly from my local Game Warden. LA Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks in you region should have some information on enclosers.