​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Breaking Fox Pen News! You Should Probably Take Time To Read This

As reported by a couple of sources in or near the state capitol this morning the agenda of at least two of the anti fox pen groups has been revealed. It’s quite concerning and should be taken very seriously by all of us if we plan to continue to run our hounds in fox pens in the United States. Here’s a snapshot of an agenda most of us were not aware of prior to today:

Florida has once again been hand picked as the pioneer of achieving the ultimate goal of abolishing fox penning in the U.S. It’s not the first time Florida has been chosen first. When Medicare proposed competitive bidding for doctor visits, hospitalization, and drugs in the U.S. they first ran a year long test of the process in Polk County Florida. Check it out, Google it if you want, just put in “Medicare Competitive Bidding Polk Florida” you’ll see what I’m talking about.
Florida has been deemed, among only a few other states, a national leader. From health care changes abroad to electoral votes for the U.S. Presidency, there is a lot of national persuasion packed in the sandy soil of Florida.
It was released this morning, they have begun their quest in Florida, if they’re victorious in Florida they have proclaimed they will then focus their efforts on Alabama, Georgia, The Carolinas, eventually ending their fox pen abolishing tour West of the Mississippi in Texas, after sweeping through the Midwest.
They feel confident enough now, after their so called “initial victory” in Florida to reveal their national plans.
They don’t appear to me to be very well funded but it also doesn’t appear to me that they need any funds at all, especially in Florida.

By the way, National Competitive Bidding was voted down in Florida, it’s never been proposed in any other state since, and that was in 2000. It became a political issue driven by the potential loss of revenue. Do y’all see where I’m going with this? In fact, lots of things were tested in Florida, lots. If we can defeat this in Florida the likelihood of success in the rest of the U.S. is extremely substantial. In fact, statistics show if we can “snuff this out” in the sunshine state it will probably go away for at least a little while. While that’s certainly not a promise it is unarguably the law of probability, and it sounds great!

The moral of the story: It’s not just Florida! It’s a national issue that will affect the entire U.S. and it will take the efforts of every state with fox pens in it pulling together to be successful.

I’ve never claimed to have the answers to the nonsense bestowed upon us, but wanted to share the entire agenda with you. Thanks for reading my post, apparently you care, let us now hope everyone does - it’s the only we’ll be successful.

Jack Floyd
Floyd Kennels
Jay, FL

Re: Breaking Fox Pen News! You Should Probably Take Time To Read This

Thanks for the post. It's as clear as it can be that we need to pull together and pull hard several are at work as I type this post for the benefit of foxhunters we owe these folks a big thanks and need to lend our time and finances to their work or we will lose this fight

Jack can you call me please 850-336-7427.
Scott

Its amazing how far down this fell to the 2nd page actually but people are still posting and reading about hunts coming up and going on and dogs for sale. DO YOU PEOPLE REALIZE IF THIS HAPPENS THERE WILL BE NO HUNTS, DOGS TO SALE, IT IS TIME TO BE A UNIT NOT selfish!

We received our executive order today from the FWC. You have to eather feed or kill the coyotes in fox pens at this point. At this time the coyotes are labled as captive wildlife in the pens. In 1972 coyotes where labled captive wildlife. The FWC made a provision in there rules to allow coyotes not to be captive willife in fox pens in 1988. In this new executive order coyotes are now considered captive wildlife in fox pens. All fox pen owners have to apply for a captive wildlife permit at this time.