​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
????? ABOUT ZIMECTRIN GOLD FOR TAPE WORMS

I HAVE A FEW WALKER HOUNDS THAT ARE ABOUT 45 TO 50 POUNDS MAYBE A LIL LESS OR A LIL MORE. THE TUBE I HAVE IS FOR 1200 POUND HORSE. I GAVE THEM ABOUT WHAT A 125 POUND HORSE WOULD GET. DIDN'T LOOK LIKE ALOT CAME OUT THE TUBE. I WAS WONDERING WAS I GIVING ENOUGH TO DO ANYTHING OR SHOULD I TURN THE RING TO 250? THANKS WITH ANY HELP. GOD BLESS AND HAPPY HUNTING/RUNNING

Re: ????? ABOUT ZIMECTRIN GOLD FOR TAPE WORMS

I use it and like it but I give 250 to grown dogs and pups when they get about 10mos old....TYE

We have been usin zimetrin on our beagles and hounds for as long as i can remember we usually measure it out on finger from the tip to the first line in finger due to one time when the tube released all the wormer in one of our beagles mouth...but even the whole tube didn't hurt him...just a little woozy for a few hours....Zimetrin Gold is best wormer on the market!! Hope this helps

-Cody-
DixieHill Kennels
Moulton AL,

Cody, is Zimectrin Gold as good as giving EquiMax dewormer to your hounds? I have never used Zimectrin Gold but have used the Equimax for several years now. Will the gold kill or control tape worms in hounds?

This is on the front of the box, Removes Roundworms, Tapeworms( in big bold letters) and Bots in a single dose....TYE

All horsewormer says "kills bots". Is a bot considered hooks, pins, roundworms, etc in dogs.

OK Bird youve made me get my reading glasses out,controls Tapeworms,Large strongles,Small strongles,Pinworms,Ascairds,Hairworms Large-mouth Stomach worms,Bots,Lungworms,Intestinal Threadworms,and Summer Sores(Dermatitus caused by neck threadworm microfilariae).
Bots (oral and gastric stages)-Gasterophilus spp.including G. intestinalis and G.naslis.
Product advantages: Broad-spectrum control- Zimecterin Gold Paste kills importantant internal parasites, including tapeworms,bots and arterial stages of S.vulgaris with a single dose potent antiparastic agent that is niethr benzimidazole nor an organophosphate,this is strait off the box. Hope this helps TYE

(BIRD)Larry Saucier
All horsewormer says "kills bots". Is a bot considered hooks, pins, roundworms, etc in dogs.

Bird, a bot is not any of the regular internal parasites that plague hounds. I don't think that dogs can acquire bots.

The Equimax is stronger than the Zirmectin Gold. Same ingredients but stronger. You guys might want to look at that for no more extra than it cost.

At the feed store i use the gold is 4 dollars higher per tube. But the equimax has the exact same thing in it but its stronger.

3 clicks works for me

"Bots" are the larval form of the Bot fly. The female fly lays an egg on a host body it hatches and borrows in under the dermal layer of skin where it develops into the larval stage of the fly itself. The larval stage in this case is a large maggot. As far as infecting dogs I've never researched it but would assume the potential is there. While taking vertibrate zoology my professor showed me some pictures of bots in a mouse the maggot was about a 1/3 the size of the mouse. Anyway to make a short story long that's your parasitic biology lesson for the day.

P.S. It's been about 12-15 yrs. since I've taken any classes so that's the towerdog version. Also they are correct above Equimax and Zimectrin gold have the exact same ingredients the amount (mg/dose) is different. If I remember correctly the ingredient that kills the tapes is double in the Equimax than in Zimectrin. I've been pleased with either.

Chuck, to us the gold is the best on market , but this is just our opionion. Like Cody said we been using it as long as we have had hounds in gerneral. I have tried equimax a few times and its good wormer, but to me and my experience the GOld is in its on league. 250lbs is what we worm our dogs , and 150 for beagles, and our pups starting at 10 wks we give them 100lbs dose.

Let'Em Stretch,

Jesse