​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FLORIDA PEN OWNERS & LEGAL DEFENSE

The only LEGAL DEFENSE that can be instituted against the Florida Wildlife Commission or the state of Florida has to come FROM the PEN OWNERS in Florida. Or possibly by an individual resident within the state.
We can support them financially by contributions, or by monies from the North American Running Hound Association,or other means of monetary support.
We can provide moral support and help by writing letters to FWC or politicians in the state of Florida.
Joining Pre-Paid Legal in and of itself will not help Florida. It could help you as an individual with your own legal neeeds. But to join in and of itself will not help the Florida situation.
We all want to help preserve the fox pens in Florida, or any other state, and we want to preserve the right to run hounds and hunt; but it appears the only way this can be accomplished is through the legal and especially the political system. PAC's...political action committees need to be set up in each state; such as what has been done in Virginia & North Carolina. Candidates for office need to be supported that support our agenda, and those that support the anti's ie..HSUS & PETA need to be opposed removed from office via the political process...get out & vote!

ALLAN BISHOP
(JABBER JAW)

Re: FLORIDA PEN OWNERS & LEGAL DEFENSE

so Allan sound like i or someone from Fl needs to lease a pen put hounds out and get arrested so we can have a day in court? or are we talking about a class action lawsuit from one of the hound hunting org. down here

In my opinion what is trying to be accomplished is to show support for the activities of Mr Stonciphers organization in representaion in Florida through becoming a member. I'm sure there are tremendous legal expenses involved and one of ways to help with that expense would be to join.
By doing so, you are indirectly supporting the efforts in Florida, and also will have representation when needed individually.And if and when the same type situation develops in the state where you live, then there would be representation in that state.
I'm no legal scholar, and would say, each person, upon receiving the packet has to make their own decision.
Upon receiving the packet, I most likely will join, if for no other reason than to support the efforts Mr Stonecipher and his people are putting forth in Florida. If defeated there, hopefully it will preclude other activities in other states to eliminate fox preserves, field trialing, hunting with hounds, or other forms of hunting using dogs. Even still hunting.
Best of luck to those in Florida and I hope you are able to defeat the idiocy which has taken place there.

ALLAN BISHOP
(JABBER JAW)

Pat....I'm no attorney...but class action suit by the pen owners and even individuals that can join the "class action" would certainly create leagl activity that would get the attention of the Florida Wildlife Commission and probably a lot of the politicians too.
Best of luck, and know that we the hunters in other states certainly want to support the efforts and see you have success and prevail in the end!

ALLAN BISHOP
(JABBER JAW)