Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
scott county

scott county needs more judges an not the good old boys system what a joke

Re: scott county

hey tim i understand about the judges but i have been to this hunt every year for a long time and this year there were more judges than ever. yes most of the judges were from scott county but name a hunt outside that has judges from somewhere else. you just can't get people to come a judge a hunt for nothing.

i no what he is talking about theay need to move it around some scott co has a lot of country to run an judges could stay closer to the races in other parts of the county alot of theme dont run in it because of location but theme good old boys will put it on u

sometimes them (good old boys) also will out run your
butt on their home turf thats just the way it is. Its the same at buckville hard to out run the locals. also jimmy harper isnt from scott county and he did quiet well.

Tim why didnt you help judge instead of down the hunt. It was a good hunt. It is always one to down a hunt. Hey do your part to make it a good hunt or stay home

Dont blame the judges! Get a faster hound!

You people need to quit crying you didnt place a dog get over it

well scott co, give everyone a scorepad if you wanna make it a good hunt. keep the judges hounds out or something.

Guys the whining and griping is why you cant get judges. People volunteer their time and gas(MONEY)and most of the time all you get out of it is a free meal and maybe a hat.The gang at Scott county are good people and it is beyond me why everytime someone dont win something is crooked or fishy. S.R.

i just dont understand how anyone and i mean anyone can complain about anything !! i just can't see why hunters want to complain when we need to work together and keep this sport going in the right direction pepole just not getting this if we dont pull together this pedia pepole is not going to help us . and if we keep going we will be the ones that are sitting at home,, no dogs and no place to hunt. besides tuff e nuff went we ran 20 DOGS AND we didn't place any dogs the area is so big you have to have luck on you side, this is one of best if not the best hunts in the state i think you locals need to think before yall bet down one of the best hunt ever.... p.s. this web page is going to be the downfall of fox huntting if you dont stop traying down hunts!!!!!!!

thanks sam robertson and tuffenuff we really enjoy yall when yall get a chance to come to our hunt. I would really like to have the time to come to your hunt sam every time Ive been there it has been great and the hospitality was fantastic. Tuffenuff you were 100% correct on saying a little luck is envolved in an outside hunt. Thanks for the support. sam and tuffenuff. look forward to hunting with ya.

The people at Scott County are some of the nicest people that you will ever meet every time I have been there I have really enjoyed it and its some of the prettist country you will ever see I have seen them stay well after they had to where they could help you catch your hounds and its like its a special occasion everytime they have a feild trail I think its because those folks up there are country people that enjoy what they are doing that are more interested in making friends then winning a trophy or becoming a bigshot so if you bad mouth this hunt or any other hunt you are really badmouthing yourself because you are what makes these hunts and how many of you ******** have tryed judging spent your vacation time your money and good enough to come help only to have tomatoes throwed in your face and be accused of cheating for someone that won the wons that doe this have to really love this sport because they hardly ever get praise just get tore to peices by someone that is a poor loser and just figure out why they didnt win you know when you have say 220 head hounds only 20 of them can place that means 200 of them didnt that means your not the only one going home with out a tropy so crying you ballbabies IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THE SCOTT COUNTY HUNT YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A HUNT AND OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO GO

Guys I agree that Scott County is a great place to Hunt. I used to love to see them run the Fields by the Chicken Houses and yes I know everybody whines about cheats at every place you go know matter what happens unless they win and like David said 200 losers are at a 220 dog trial. And yes I understand the judges have a hard job and do the best they can and I appreciate everyone that has ever done it and have been honest in doing it. I don't doubt one minute that the boys that placed had good maybe better dogs but I would say if it has not changed in the last 10 years that it is like it was when i told the guy that got me into foxhunting that I was going to my first field trial. He said I can name 10 of the 20 that will place at any of the county hunts. He has been right almost every year. Good dogs I hope. Thing is if every year after year people keep whining nothing seems to change so is whining bringing down fox hunt are is being hard headed and not looking to resolve the problem bringing down foxhunting. When I was Coon hunting and going into and area and harvesting my coon everytime I treed one then I would go back in a hunt but not tree who was the problem. The hunters with me whining over no game or me harvesting them before I went there then being hard headed enough not to realize what I was doing to myself. To each his own but if you want to talk bad about the people whining about not winning I just want to make sure they are not taken advantage by someone taking whatever advantage if it means cheating to keep from losing. I would rather get blow out by a great team than lose by 1 with a referee being one sided. Even if it is in my favor it makes me feel bad knowing that is what it took for me to win.

YES EVERYONE NEEDS MORE JUDGES.SEVERAL HUNTS HERE AT HOME I DON'T EVEN RUN MY DOGS,JUST HELP JUDGE.THE GOOD OL BOY SYSTEM IS ALL THAT WE HAVE! IF IT WASN'T FOR THE GOOD OL BOYS HELPING US WE COULDN'T EVEN HAVE THE HUNTS.I THINK OUR OFFICIALS ARE DOING A GREAT JOB PUTTING ON THE HUNTS AND GETTING ALL THE JUDGES THAT THEY CAN. AS TO LARRY'S COMMENT YES SCOTT CO IS A BIG CO.WE'VE TRIED THE GREENRIDGE COMMUNITY IN THE PAST.IT DIDN'T GO VERY GOOD THERE.IF YOU WANT TO FIELD TRIAL ON YOUR HOME TURF THEN MAKE YOUR TURF AT PARKS ARKANSAS.THAT'S WHERE THE HUNT HAS BEEN FOR OVER 70 YEARS AND AS LONG AS I HAVE A PART IN IT,IT WILL STAY THERE. P.S. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GUY'S WOULD BRING THIS STUFF TO THE BOARD MEETINGS.NOT TO THE COMPUTER OR TO THE TROPHY PRESENTATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronnie it dont matter how hard you work to put on a good hunt somebody is gonna cry.I agree with you the good old boys system is all we have as far as judging goes and i have no problem with it, judging is about all i do anymore. Because we have people come from all over the state and they expect several judges so it is just easier for the locals to judge but i agree with you if people have a problem it should be adressed at the hunt and not all this griping and whining on the computer until i see you again happy hunting.S.R.