​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coming Soon to Amelia, VA

Coming Soon to Amelia, VA.....A Chapter of the VAHDA (Virginia Dog Hunting Alliance)

Re: Coming Soon to Amelia, VA

I am trying to compile a list of all hunt clubs or dog hunting organizations (any kind of hunting with a dog rabbit, deer, bird, whatever) in Amelia, VA or have land in Amelia. This is what I have so far, please let me know what clubs and organizations I am leaving out.

Hard Luck Hunt Club
Ammon Hunt Club
Farm Owners Hunt Club
Dennisville Hunt Club
Landowners Hunt Club
Indian Oak Hunt Club
Sweat House Hunt Club
Southside Hunt Club
Five Forks Hunt Club
Hackett Hunt Club
Truxillo Hunt Club
Sleepy Hollow Hunt Club
Buck Skin Hunt Club
Wilson Webster Hunt Club
Sunny Side Hunt Club
Hill Billy Hunt Club
Island Ford Hunting Club
Land Vue Farm
Rolling Hills Hunt Club
Walkers Landing Hunt Club
Whipporill Farms Hunt Club
Woodland Hunt Club
Bellefont Hunt Club
Lodore Hunt Club
Upland Bird Association

DATE OF AMELIA MEETING HAS BEEN SET

The date for the Amelia - Virginia Dog Hunting Alliance meeting has been set. If you are a dog hunter in the Amelia County surrounding area mark it in your calendar and spread the word.

Date: Tuesday, May 18th
Time: 6:30 PM
Address: 22020 Patrick Henry Highway Jetersville, VA 23083

Address by Intersection: Amelia Springs Road & 360 (Patrick Henry Highway) Jettersville, VA 23083

Google Maps Link for Directions:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=22020+Patrick+Henry+Hwy+Jetersville+VA&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=22020+Patrick+Henry+Hwy,+Jetersville,+Amelia,+Virginia+23083&gl=us&ei=UjjWS7zzKMGAlAezpYy5CQ&ved=0CAsQ8gEwAA&ll=37.299729,-78.060608&spn=0.221761,0.673599&z=11

Everyone needs to get involved....THINGS ARE HEATING UP

Fox Pens have been shut down in Florida and whether they will be reopened is uncertain at this point. Things are heating up and Fox Pens in NC, GA, and SC are under the microscope and scrutiny due to pressure of animal well fare groups. HSUS (The Human Society) is one of front runners in trying to put a stop to or make major changes to fox pens. MARK MY WORDS THIS WILL COME TO VA.

If you live in Virginia and you hunt with Dog you need to join the Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance and attend meetings.

I was at a meeting Sunday in Prince George. I couldn't believe only about 25 people attended. I know there are tons of dog hunters of live in and/or hunt around this area. There were folks there who attended that live or hunt in Surry, Sussex, Prince George, Chesterfield, Colonial Heights, etc.... I know a lot of people who live or hunts in these areas that own hunting dogs that weren’t there (and things do come up and people have plans and some may not have been able to make it). Thank you to those who attended!!! We all need to get involved. Whether you have rabbit dogs, deer dogs, coon dogs, bear dogs, ducks dogs, bird dogs, squirrel dogs, Fox Dogs, etc..... If your sport isn’t under pressure BELIVE ME THERE WILL BE A TIME AND DAY WHEN IT COMES, everyone needs to get involved now! The Virginia Dog Hunting Alliance is going to fight to preserve your sport of hunting with dogs and will take political action against those who want to stop and oppose your sport.

If you aren’t a member or you don’t attend meetings, you should find a local chapter in your area and attend meetings. If there isn't a chapter in your area, start a local chapter in your area (all that is needed is leadership and a little work). There are several local chapters already started thru out the state of Virginia.

If you live in another state you need to find an organization that will take political action to protect your rights and your sport.

Prince George and Surrounding Area

If you are close to Prince George. The VAHDA has meetings in Prince George. If you are in that area and do not attend, you should go to a meeting. If you have Face Book search PG Chapter and you can get more info. I believe dates of the meeting with be on their face book page.

Contact for Island Ford Hunt Club

Hello and thank you for your attention to my interest. Back in the 1950s, Island Ford Hunt Club members were mostly Salem, VA residents. My father was a member and our family enjoyed IFHC to both fish and hunt.IFHC has since moved from the old campsite and current membership is unknown. My father mentored a young Salem gentleman who is now 94 and before he passes, I would like to take my 94 yeqr old friend to the new camp.

Could you please identify a current IFHC member I could contact? Many thanks.

Marshall S. McClung
319 Union St., #4
Salem, VA 24153

marshallmcclung@gmail.com
(540) 521-9808