​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
What type of vitaman's/med's help dogs during a field trial??

What type of vitaman's/med's help dogs during a field trial??

Re: What type of vitaman's/med's help dogs during a field trial??

The brand name is "make good breeding choices, raise them with a high quality, feed them lots of coyote tracks, watch them very close, and cull HARD" . Now, I don't know if Walmart or the local pet store sells that brand, but you can check.

Always a smart ass in th crowd!!!

It's the truth!

Info is right. He might be a smart ass but he was answering a question from someone who doesnt have a name, so whats the difference???

any med that givs an edge up is crooked.cull and getready for the hunt.stay away meds.

Feed deer meat,use lixitinic,dex & b-12,give 2 1/2 cc's of dex & 1/2 cc of b-12 5000 three days before a hunt,it WILL NOT hurt them.

That's sound advice give dex 3 days before the hunt and get them good and dehydrated then give me b12 so they can get scratched for babbling. After that remedy you will have a mouthy dog that can't finish you can get that a lot easier with sorry breeding. I would have to say the smart ass has given the best advice.

I can gaurantee you the dex & b-12 will work,I have won more hunts using it than most hunters ever will.

Since you are such an icon in the hunting world tell us what hunts you have won. And yes dex and b12 does work but do you give it three days before a hunt? Also if a dog is tough and game enough it does not need it dex is an anti inflammatory so if the dog is not swollen what good are you doing? Now if you give it too them the morning of a hunt it will prevent swelling but it will also dehydrate a dog. And b12 is the biggest reason there are so many mouthy road running dogs at a hunt.

IF YOU GOT TO CONSISTENTLY PUMP STUFF IN THEM TO GET THEM THRU THEN YOU ARE NOT HAULIN MUCH. YOUR BACKIN UP IN YOUR PROGRAM. BETTER OFF FOLLOWING MY FIRST REPLY UNLESS YOU WANNA FEED A BUNCH OF WANT-A-BE'S.

Best advice I can give is just know what your running before you ever put a number on them!! Turn loose and stay with them and watch every crossing you can until you ready to catch up.

TO "THE ONE WHO DOESNT KNOW" YO AZZ BETTER CALL SOMEBODY, CAUSE YOU DOESNT KNOW . THATS A FACT JACK AZZ!!

Meds and all this stuff being put into these dogs is absolutely sad. You mean to tell me you are happy to own a dog and know you had to give him something to finish a hunt or perform well in a hunt? The ONLY thing you should give a dog is good dog food, water, and plenty of ground time if he cant do it with just that he aint worth having to begin with. But as it seems to happen time and time again the dogs are jacked up and perform well in some hunts then people go to breed to the dog and are breeding to an average dog that probably wouldnt make a deer hunter happy. That is the exact reason the bloodline of the hound breed is so poor now. If you breed good hounds you dont have to give anything to them. If you wanna juice them up and turn em out start racing greyhounds and quit ruining the foxhound bloodline.

Good feed have them hard and give them lixotinic b4 the hunt if its a 3 day i give them rimadyl at night to help with any inflamation,pain or soreness and when i get them in i rub them down with dmso and bigeloil i hope this helps good luck and god bless.S.R.

How many cc's of dex an b12 do you give one each day before a hunt? Thanks.....

If you got to give it each day before the hunt you AIN'T hauling much!

True story right there info center hahaha seriously though if you have to give them something more than dog feed, and excersise then give them at most a little lixotinic which is vitamins so in order to do any good needs to be given weeks before the hunt so it'll be in their system. And if they still need help getting in a race and staying in there keep that trash at home if at all. Everybody is coming to compete with hounds that are worthy to compete with. Nobody wants to see a dog get juiced just so it can look tales dusting it in the distance. I for one wouldn't even let a dog like that look at my tailgate. Run em run em run em and when cast time comes say a prayer and cross your fingers lol

The flash in the pan,want a be hunters who cheet have come and gone through the years.They don't last long in the sport. These crooks will be on to another fad for them as soon as they realize they can't stay near the top breeders with the meds.Pride makes a mess of a man and when he finds pride in a false win,he has become a lowly creature.Keep in mind most of us who trial do prep work with hours in the woods.And when we place a hound it feels good.

I'm going to break the trend and put my name next to this text so everyone can shoot at me. I started hunting when I was 5 years old with my pawpaw. I've been in and out through the years, but while in, I ask questions, pay attention, and take notes. Here's the truth, everyone has good fast bloodlines, everyone is trying to breed to the next great sire, and everyone is running in a pen twice a week or swimming them every other day. The difference between one guy and the next is his ability to gain an edge. Prednisone, Winstrol, Dexamethasone, B-12, Rymadyl, Duramax, Adaquan, Banamine, Saline IV or lactated ringer, Super Fuel, Pet Tabs, Lixatinic, pedialite, time released capsules, Bute, equipoise on and on and on and on and on and on. This isn't no longer a sport for anyone to just up and get lucky. Only the ones willing to go above and beyond will compete. The best breed may not necessarily win, but the good handlers always get their names called. If you dont believe me pay close attention to those people who always win. They got a tackle box with more medical supplies in it than an ambulance service. Very few people will share necessary information with you for various reasons. Those people who still believe that they can show up with a good dog, that you've ran all night long every Saturday night, and only been giving it dog feed is sadly mistaken. You think surely the judges had to be cheating because you can out run all of your friends hounds. Freakin Wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you ever heard the saying "if you can't beat them, gone them" either get with the program or quit donating your hard earned money to the generation that likes to take it to another level. Now fire away because I can handle it, anti's and all.

You guys that feed Olroy and good clean water should get up and feed yourself some Ramen noodles and then try to run a marathon. Yea it's all in the breeding!!! Lol. Breeding is a lot of it but good conditioning and the right nutrients , vitamins minerals and supplements will give you the edge but you have to start with a good prospect. I know there is money involved in greyhound racing but hang around some of them guys and see how they do it. Exercise everyday. Meat along with there dog food everyday plus a trip to the vet for blood work every 30 days. I know we can't afford all of the blood work and vet bills but we can't put the meat and conditioning to them.

Well the ones that say if you can't beat them join them in this particular topic and chooses to join them are just as wrong as two men kissing. I will not join them. I may not ever get to put a Ch. in front of my dogs name, but I will stand on what I know is right and try to win it the fair way. To the people that do juice their dogs, You are what's wrong with this sport. I refuse to be one of the reasons this sport dies.

Spend a month in the kennels with any top kennels in the country a go to a few hunts with em an see why they leave with your money everytime... They don't just run on sat morning an feed dog feed... They run 2 days a week an either jog behind a truck or they swim at least 1 day a week. The week before the hunt they start them on meds an a strict diet.. Morning of hunt they take the "box" into the kennels an give them a pep talk... Then they take your hunt money an Calcutta money aswell..... You might get very lucky an place one every once in awhile but not very offten...

Well I'd rather my dogs not place at all and run an honest hunt just having them conditioned right and their God given ability to run, then to place or one of them have a blow out because I gave them "the extra kick".. I was raised to be honest and work hard for what ya get, not to cheat my way to the top. Like Aaron Tippin said "Cause buddy if I didn't earn it, I don't want it. That way I can always say I got it honest."

Where does it say that you can't give a dog meds,that's NOT cheating. You as a person don't try to eat right or take medicine or try to be in the best shape you can be in while working? No difference than a dog,that's what you will do if u want to win.

You are right mr hunter... Dont even paint a number on him if you not doing what everyone else is.. Or you can an get your money takin time after time. Not cheatin is called helping him be all he can be no rule says you cant....

You can either hit them in the azz and win or you can keep sitting on your azzes and clap

Where in any rule book does it say that you can't give your dog vitamins, anti-inflammatory, antibiotics, etc... Not every competitive hunter that works hard at competing gives there dogs steroids and harsh ace drugs but it is my right as a dog owner to give my dog vitamins, med's, etc... if I want to because oh yea, I OWN IT!!!! You worry about what you own and I will worry about what I OWN!!!

Aight let's look at that right there.. I eat right to stay healthy, I feed my dogs right so they stay healthy. When I'm sick I take meds to get better, and I pray for God to take it away. When my dogs get down I give them the meds to help them get better, and yes I pray for them too. I exercise to stay in shape, and I run my dogs to get them in shape. When I'm working if time is falling short to get the job done, or if I feel myself falling off cause I'm about wore out I buckle down and get the job done the best that I can I don't take anything to make me preform better or faster. I expect my dogs to do the same. I may stand alone in this subject, but one thing is for sure is I do what I feel is right. That way at the end win or loose I can hold my head up proud of how my hounds did. Now with that being said if you see any of my hounds show up in the top ten, or earn that Ch. title you'll know that's a hound to look for not a recipe to figure out. Which by the way is what we're supposed to be doing finding the best hound. You do what you feel is best for your hounds to win, and I'll keep doing mine the way I always have.

See ya in the clappin section... Im out an off this subject have a good day..

In grey hound racing it says you can't give a dog meds. In horse racing it says you can't give a horse meds. The same for livestock showing. Ditto for heavy horse drawing competitions. In the winter Olympics you can't give a competitor meds. Also in the summer Olympics. Also professional baseball, football, basketball, hockey, golf, tennis, checkers.
There is nothing in the rules of foxhound field trialing that says you can't. Maybe the men who drafted those rules years ago, never dreamed that you would.

I finally got a chance to see if anyone's bashed my comments. I'm proud to see that there wasn't. No rules against meds was my point exactly. In the world of bodybuilding there are two competitions, in one your allowed to use whatever you wish "decadurabolin sustanon hgh masteron etc." and the other is performance enhancement DRUG FREE. I personally would prefer to go to a hunt where the champion was tested and another random dog selected by the judges who saw it doing something wrong in the field. A hunt free of meds would be cheaper on everyone in the long run, but it would still be nice to go watch the freakishly faster dogs from sports medicine. I didn't instigate this conversation hoping to band the way we field trial, I actually enjoy watching something compete to its fullest potential. I would on the other hand love to see both style of races. I think this would please, and include everyone, especially children!!!!!!

Eric Emerson
In grey hound racing it says you can't give a dog meds. In horse racing it says you can't give a horse meds. The same for livestock showing. Ditto for heavy horse drawing competitions. In the winter Olympics you can't give a competitor meds. Also in the summer Olympics. Also professional baseball, football, basketball, hockey, golf, tennis, checkers.
There is nothing in the rules of foxhound field trialing that says you can't. Maybe the men who drafted those rules years ago, never dreamed that you would.

Never been in the Olympics, played professional ball, or any of this other stuff, but I do know a little about horse racing and you are mistaken about not giving a horse meds to race on. There are rules about what drugs u can use, but racehorses are definetly on all kinds of meds that are allowed. I'm not condoning or condeming medicating a dog just saying when you make rules and drug test the people that get caught will be called cheaters, until there are rules against it they will be called winners!

Scratching the dopers babblers and roadrunners would help but people wont do it in these 3 hour puppy and speed and drive hunts

Justin sharp who the heck is that guy i never heared of him but he must be winning alot of hunts its kinda like the internet if its on the internet and justin sharp said so lord and behold it must be true it works so ladies and gents dont run your hounds and dont cull. Just give them what justin said and maybe just maybe i can get my name called their seems to be more and more coyote hunters that are dumber than dirt and wouldnt know a coyote hound if it fell outa the sky and hit them in the face to many field trialers and not enough old fashioned coyote hunters all people wants is their named called dont matter how they get it done i enjoy sitting back and reading the ignorance on masterfox keep the ignorance coming boys i may right a book called coyote hunting for dumbings lol and iam the F n ing author lol sit back and read some of this garbage on here that. People Our posting and these guys are supposed to be hunters lol

Kinda hard to scratch a dog that wants to catch a coyote for running the roads thats why dogs run roads because its looking to catch not cause its junk or doing any thing wrong judge if thats the case maybe they should scratch dogs that drill oil wells in three day hunts most dogs cant run 3 five hour days as hard as they can go its just. Physically. Possible that goes both ways and if people would keep the needle out of their hound alot wouldnt be mouthy and getting scratched

I highly doubt that it was Justin Sharp that posted the above comment with him listed as the author, but to the fella scared to use his name commenting & laughing- you need to dig out a few older Hunters Horn Magazines or ask somebody that's been doing this longer than a year or two about Bushley Creek Kennels. I promise you Bushley creek Annie (Not counting the rest of his arsenal) won more than most of us ever will in a lifetime & I also promise you that Justin Sharp gave her exactly what she needed to be all she could be! I saw Annie Place & win in speed & drive hunt against the best in the South @ 7 years of age!

Justin who?

whats the recipe

I don't remember ever seeing LMAO ever win HOY but I do remember Bushley Creek Rowdy winning it..!

Hunter re-read your last sentence enuff said

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS POST IS EVEN ON HERE BEING TALKED ABOUT.COME ON GUYS.WE AS HUNTERS SHOULD BE SMARTER THAN THAT & I REALLY DOUT TRUE FOX HUNTER POSTED THIS.

MR. RONNY,THIS WOULD BE AS BOUT AS GOOD OF A POST TO DELETE AS I'VE SEEN.THIS IS NOT SOMETHING TO KEEP HARPING ON.

What does dex do I thought it was just for inflammation?!

Justin Yeah you won a bunch but we all could win a 3 day if we switched dogs with a fresh 1 the next day glad Rowdy was mentioned above prime example those that don't know Rowdy & his litter mates where super fast hounds if you wanted to 1 day day they would blow you out but 3 day they couldn't make it when Justin started getting watched Rowdy at the world cup in Jena that yr scored good the 1st day but 2nd day 1hr into the hunt old Rowdy came to the gate with his tail tucked & quit. Guess what hound world this was a trend for him after that because he didn't get to rest the 2nd day while howdy or wheel a fortune ran the 2 day like the did all them earlier hunts. Yeah he won the hound of year that year do to he had so many points already before he started getting watched. I always wondered Justin how do you make a 3,day champion in a 80 acre puppy pen ridge road classic feild champion !! What a joke but there was another hunter involved in that has big name in fox hunting he was just smart enough to let u go down for everything but people are starting to figure him out !!! Another story for another day

Like i said won who knows. "JUSTIN WHO"

Maybe he should change his name to "justin not to sharp"

He had a partner in crime that everybody forgets about. Forgive but don't forget.

This is my 1st post on here,I just got told this was going on & looked for myself,I don't know who was using my name on here & don't really care but I will say this there r Alot of medicines that will work & as for winning,I DID win ALOT from 1 day 3 hrs. to 4 days. I don't own a hound now & don't want any but if you no name cowards would post your REAL names I would go get some dogs just so I could run with y'all & show y'all what I CAN do & believe me I DO know where to get the dogs,how to get them ready & what to use on them if I need too. As for as Rowdy goes y'all need to get your facts straight but y'all need to look back I won ALOT more 1 days all over the country & how could you switch a dog in them but I'm sure y'all don't have the guts to post your REAL names or call me. THE REAL Justin Sharp 318-481-0630

I never met you justin and what people are saying i dont care if i ever meet you but if this is all lies you must of pi$$ed alot of people and i was once told not to worry about what people think the way i got it fig if someone is talking about me they dont have much to talk about and as far as hounds go its not the same as when it was people go above and beyond to win the sport has changed alot over. The years so prove everybody wrong go get some hounds and lets see what your made of and why your so great of a houndsman and dont let people bother you i hope to be reading about you in the near future in the hunters horn happy hunting. Mr.sharp

I had Heard of his doings but who was his partner?

keep talking guys. there may be laws aginst some meds. so keep chating away.

1 2