​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fleas

Been using Bayer for a few years now but not working no more.....what else is anyone using that's working

Re: Fleas

Frontline Plus at Walmart or SAMs it will get em

True Grit

Spray pens and surroundings with Talstar. Best stuff I've seen on a flea.

WHAT IS TALSTAR & WHERE DO YOU GET IT?

ive been using it for several years on pens and dog houses.Good for a lot of different insects including termites

google it ,you can get it online

Permethrin works great,no fleas,ticks or fly. Mix in sprayer & spray dogs & kennels

Can u spray the Talstar on the dogs

Where do you purchase talstar?

just google talstar .the price and how to order it is all there.Also how and where to use it.I use talstar in addition to what i use directly on my dogs

I wouldn't spay talstar on my dogs. Just my opinion.

Do not use Talstar on your hounds!!!!

It is a great product to kill ticks, fleas, & any other insects in an area.
Great to spray in kennels, BUT, directions say to remove animals from the area, spray & let DRY, before putting them back in the area.

Talstar will also get rid of "carpenter ants" in oak trees. Mix 1 1/2oz to a gallon of water & spray around tree & up as high as you can reach. Works like a champ, had em, sprayed, they're gone, & been over a year. Can also spray on lawns & other areas. Don't use it on your garden though!

Hope this helps.

Allan Bishop
(Jabber Jaw)

How much permithern you put in the sprayer?

frontline plus three times and never have a problem. each dose kills the flea cycle for four months.

Enough permethrin to make it milky, permethrin is main ingredient in happy jack dog dip, just cheaper to by & mix yourself

I started using frontline several years back due to the health of my grand dad there was no time for traditional treating and it worked but since then i have used petguard and now i am usind hartz pro u can get it at walmart and it works i treat once a month and i think nothing else about it its $ 10 for
3 treatments hope this helps and great luck to u hunting

I tried the hartz from walk mart it didn't work for me. Front line plus is about as good as it gets but its $6 a dog per month.

my dad and I have been using the happy jack kennel dip in a spray bottle for a little while now and it works great. The kennel dip has a spray bottle mix ratio on the back (I believe its 1oz of kennel dip to 1 quart of water). You can use it to spray your kennels down and spray your hounds. Be sure when you do your hounds that the spray gets down to their skin and the fleas and ticks won't stand a chance. dead on contact

Use tempo in pens dog houses and on dogs great stuff 60 dollars a jug will last us two years

I had a problem with fleas. I have tried Malithion, Permethrin, Bayer, Demon, and a few others. The key to getting rid of fleas is to get rid of the eggs. I use Archer IGR along with Demon. Archer IGR is an insect growth regulator. It somehow interrupts the growth cycle of fleas caused them not to lay eggs and getting rid of the problem. I also keep Warrior cattle ear tags on my collars. The ear tags have a terrible odor but they help keep ticks and fleas off.

Do not spray the Archer IGR on the dogs. Spray the dogs with Ovitrol. Ovitrol kills fleas and eggs on contact. Archer and Ovitrol are expensive but it works.