​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
worm shot

talked with filp today he told me that mike told him that he had a dog that he wormed with every thing .no results took him to the vet .the vet give him a shot and he passed worms for three days .what kind of shot could that be. not ivomec what could it be.THANKS for the help.Robert Hunt

Re: worm shot

just call mike surely he could tell you hope this helps

I am thinking it was a Dronatel (may not be spelling it right) the vets love to use this and it will cost you.

Just my thoughts
True Grit
Jonathan

Thats right. More than likely it was drontal. Not sure if it takes care of tapes but thats what our vet here in VA swears by. Its a shame that it takes a script to get it

btt

Drontal will get tapeworms. Synanthic will also get tapeworms. Get your pocket book out when you get ready to buy either Drontal or Synanthic. To worm with Synanthic use 3cc's by mouth for 3 days. 500ml of Synanthic is $165 but no script is needed. Synanthic will also get worms that Drontal will not get.

Do you use the 9% or 22.5%

Re: worm shot - Mr. Pinkard

Mr. Pinkard,
If you dont mind sharing, could you statd here or email me the site where Synanthic may be purchased; and is it safe to give puppies? Always looking for another good wormer to use in rotation. Thanks!

You can get Synanthic from Jeffers Livestock or Valley Vet supply. Vet said not to give to pups under six months.

Sorry for the two posts. I did not see the question about the 9% or 22%. I use the 22%. I give 3cc's for 3 days. Synanthic will get both types of tapeworms. It is one of the few that will get both kinds of tapeworms. I have tried just about everything and I like Synanthic. It is a little cheaper than Drontal and does a great job.

Thank you!

Isn't the 22% to strong for dog's? I've been using the 9% referred by my vet since it came back on the market with great results. I ask this because I would like to know if I could just use the stronger synanthic @ a little less dosage and get the same results without harming my hounds. Thanks for any info.

I have talked to two vets and they both recommended the 22% at 3cc's a day by mouth for 3 days. I have never had any trouble using Synanthic this way. I just wished it wasn't so high.