Entry Fee: $50
No Membership Fee

Casting at daylight each day on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
Running 5 hours each day

All Money after expenses paid to top 5 hounds

Masters GTP rules
5 minute intervals

Keeping all scores under Masters (DR) Rules

Timmy Freeman will have the number book.
I'll post his number when he is ready to start taking calls.

Re: 2013 Blue Spring Open

The book is open, you can post on here or call me at (850)359-0303.

Tim can I get 210-310-510-610 thanks jay mason

Puppy creek you got 210, 310, 510, 610

TIMMY CAN I GET 197/801/811

Wade you got 197, 801, 811

When is the bench show and who will be the moh? Can't wait for the hunt

Tim can I get 24,27,28,701 and 722

Tim can i get 81,91,97,133,134, 223,261,287,919

Chad you got all of those numbers, Doyle someone already has the twenty numbers you got 701 & 722 let me know if any other two digit numbers will work I have plenty left. As for the bench show we have not decided yet, and we are still working on the master of hounds, I can tell you we have five horse judges lined up so far and are working hard to make sure we have enough judges to get all the running covered. As soon as we have more info we let y'all know. Doyle if you have any questions fell free to call.

Is 124,127 and 128 open

Doyle I was able to talk to the kennel that had those numbers and they did not mind getting other numbers. So you got 24, 27, 28 if you need anything else let me know.

Bench Show will be on Wednesday night. Show judge will be announced as soon as it is confirmed.

Jay Howell will be Master of Hounds.

After talking it over we have decided to reduce the entry fee to $30 per hound. Hopefully this will allow more hunters to participate. We will have several thousand pounds of dog feed to give away as well as some other prizes. We are going to try to spend all the cash on getting as many judges as possible. If there is any money left over after expenses it will be paid back to the winners.

Thanks tim

The Bench Show will be judged by Tim Floyd with assistance from Johnny Foxhall.

Nearly 100 numbers reserved so far.

Mid South and Specialty Feeds have signed on to donate feed. Still waiting to hear from 4 other feed companies.

The question I'm hearing now is where are the hounds that can knock off Bobby Freeman and Topflite Kennels?
The states of Alabama, Florida, and Mississippi have been trying and failing to do it all year. How wide do we have to cast the net to come up with a dog to beat those Red Rock's and Red Bud's and all other flavors of Red Dogs. Are there any in Texas or Arkansas? Maybe North Carolina or Virginia?

If y'all let him win another one Bobby is going to have to start coming in through the garage door to get to his office. His head will be swelled so big it won't fit through the front door. Please don't let that happen to Bobby. Find a good hound somewhere and come beat him.

Heath thanks for the kind words but us at Top Flite know this train ride can end just as fast as it began, we fell very fortunate to have done as well as we have but we know that with the caliber of hounds that will be at this hunt it is anybodys ball game. We are excited about the hunt and know it is going to be some great running with plenty judges to cover it! It is my hope that we can make these hunts in Blue Springs and the Conecuh National Forest a great tradition giving outside hunters more opportunity to enjoy their way of hunting, and Heath you have been a huge part of it dealing with game and fish commission and all so thanks for your efforts!

Have given out 107 numbers so far and have many judges lined up. Looks like its gonna be a good one.

Who is gonna be there? Who is gonna be hard to beat? Does anyone have anything for Top Flite's Red Dogs?

I WAS TALKING TO KENNY I THINK WE ARE GOING TO COME TIM I CALL YOU FOR SOME NUMBERS LATER

Sounds great and congrats on y'all placing at the Flora/Bama y'all got some really nice hounds.

who got the heat? what the lineup looking like?

The Freemans and Top Flite kennels hav the heat, where u been hidin.They got Rowdy rested up and Ready Roll spotted us a day at Blackwater running nannys across hiway and still cam back for 10th S&D. You better call somebody!!!!!

Well guys chad said it right hammer and Timmy have been working on there blood for 20 years or longer to get where they are today and couldn't be happier to see some locals doing it and doing it right by hard work and determination. Happy for y'all guys everyone's scared of them RED DOGS . But I still plan on comin to take my chances at the hunt happy hunting to all

lets get a prediction how the results will look?

Top 10 HGA?

Top 10 S&D?

Whos been hunting hard? Whos dogs are looking good?

Chad and Matt thanks for the kind words but this hunt is anyone's ball game. There are going to be some really nice hounds there that don't care nothing about any red dogs, all they care about is getting after something. I've been trying hard to make sure we have plenty of judges to make sure all the running is coverd. It's gonna be a lot of fun so I hope everyone gets to make it.

Guys top flight kennels are for sure on top of there game and I am sure proud of them cause they are my friends... but my prediction is... if they can get ole Sara or any one of her sisters in the right place ,goes to Jesse and Jason Barnhill...
Come on lets get some more yall... makes it fun..who yall think has the heat ? :)

Thats all the predictions we can get?? I know theres out there that has been hearing bout dogs that are standing out!!

What bout the Down Home Gang?
If the Floyds are hunting Im sure they are Grenada bound, so how bout Juniper Creek are they going?

Coldwater Kennels?

Allentown Gang?

Im Sure Jay Mason is got em right!!

Sky Scott is he Going?

Telogia Creek?

Someone has to have seen some of these dogs lately and be able to make some kinda predicitons!!

First off I would not worry about Allentown kennels we are just proud to get in the top 10 these days... radar and James (mailbox) McGreevy have some very very nice young hounds they just won the derby at the blackwater with one of them , and I know for a fact that they have kept them in the woods sence the hunt.. Bull shady also has some nice gup dogs that can get the job done ....they are all my friends but my prediction still goes to the Barnhill gyps they are as fine as any man would want to feed and its there turn ..good luck yo all.. cant wait..

btt

predictions??

Whats those outside hounds looking like!
Whos it going to be

Ill make a little amature guess here!

1.Top flite
2.Cat 5
3.Barnhill Bros
4.Allentown
5.Bull Shady
6.Dubose
7.Run N Gun
8.Chad N Rusty

there are some others that will be up there if they get to come but not sure if they are

Sandy Ford
Juniper Creek
Paul Bullard

Radar we all know you ain't comin to play patty cake, you gonna be right in the mix! I think Marcell is right with the the Barnhill Bros and them gyps ain't the only one they have we need to worry about, and you know Marcell has something for all of us! But the ones I think to watch is going to be Cat 5 !!!

Timmy you may be right about that... I went by the county ofice the other day and turbos truck was parked out by the road and from the looks of it hes been in the woods gettem ready.. it should be a good one hope everbody that will join us

Caution fellas there is a white horse coming to show you fellas out west what a real hound looks like

NRK white better have his shoes on and be fast on his feet because we have been trying to outrun them red rocks an red buds an it is hard to do you r going to be in there back yard good luck hope to see yall.

Been talking to Heath and I believe the master of hounds wants to stay on the east side of the hwy. There is a lot less deer over there and many hunters have expressed that they like it over there. We have given out 143 numbers so far. If any hunters or judges have any questions or suggestions feel free to give me a call, (850)359-0303

I agree on the Less Deer statement! The every day Doe Days that Blue Springs has been implementing for the last 5 or 6 deer seasons has definately thinned them down! Yall are doing a great job!

Whats the count so far?

Who alls gonna be there?

Whos looking tuff?