​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just curious?

Been out of fox hunting for awhile and have not really been keeping up with what is going on in the foxhound world. I do every so often get on here and cruise through the post. Well I went a couple of weekends ago to help judge a hunt, just a one day, first time I have been in a pen in a couple of years. Well as the dogs came close for my first crossing I realized I forgot to bring my tape recorder, so I pulled out my handy best friend iPhone and recorded the crossing. I then sat down and mashed play and wrote the numbers down. That got me thinking so I mashed the send button and sent it to my wife at home, who has never seen a fox hound run followed by these simple instructions write the numbers down in order and text them back to me. She did and had them all right she had to watch it twice of course but I thought to myself how simple was that. How many problems could a good ole smart phone fix. I bet if it would have been a big hunt that people were following I could have posted it on Facebook for people all over the country to see almost live as it happened. I was just wondering if this is already being used and done like I said I have been out of it for a while?

Re: Just curious?

Sounds like a great ideal! It would be something to look into and maybe promote the sport a little better! Hope some other people look into this.

Brad, I have not used it at a hunt, but use it all the time training pups. I can record them and send the recorded vedeo to the owners showing the progress of the pups. It has come in real handy for me to go back and observe crossings with the pups after the hunt.

I never thought of that, but it sounds like an awesome idea!

I use mine alot ... It comes in handy when ur hunting with ur buddy's u know the guy that gets up and runs down to get the crossing is always frist !!!lol .. But when I come back if my dog was frist I can prove it ..and when I do judge it's all I use u can take pic of it sec by sec and if there 20 dogs cross u can't usually get them all ... Good post

Would'nt it be something if someday in the future judges used these to record their crossings then sent them to the master and computer operator to put in the computer and sort. A short judges meeting and scores posted almost imediatly after the hunt. Hunters could even see their hounds in the actual crossings. Could be one day. Ha
Darrell

This could actually stop the rumors that those people at that pen cheat and bring the sport to a whole new level. That was a good ideal about sending it to the master and computer operator and the hunters could see for themselves instead of he brought his buddies to judge.
Who knows maybe one day could sit back and watch it on the big screen while at the hunt!

To the top

It could have its place but technology is one reason we are receiving bad press. A couple of videos posted on YouTube have caused us a great deal trouble.