​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
REACTION TO COW TAG

HAS ANYONE SEEN OR HEARD OF A DOG HAVING A REACTION TO PURPLE PYTHON COW TAGS.

Re: REACTION TO COW TAG

I did that one time and found there feet became tender and came off when running especially up and down the road lol. Even on my liquor jips that has good feet they pulled them every time. seems like when i took the off the collars with in 2 trips the problem went away or what? And at the time i was running 2 a week. That is my experience hope it helps.

We have put the whole tags on the dogs before and you could see some dogs did not act right after a day of two. sometimes just quite eating sometimes just seemed sick acting etc; So since then, we started halving the tags and i have not seen any reaction. .....But my good Buddy and kennel partner ED BACON was helping me (assembly line style) put collar tags on about 50 head. Him being rough and tough and all that stuff... decided he didn't need to wear gloves, we finished and turned a few dogs out in the pen and drove down to watch them. "AND HE WENT STONE BLIND" riding in the buggy. This did scare me a little,"since he was driving". It didn't last long we got his hands washed off and he got alright in a little while so We can only guess that it was handling those tags that did that. because it has never happened again Unfortunately It had no effect on that Jug head or his amazing attitude

I have a good many cattle and use this these tags and other ones like them they are very strong. Not being a smartazz but guys this is just like worming them you don't give the same amount to a dog and should use protection so it does not have an affect on you. Might want to read the labels about side affects to humans. I bet it left a nasty taste in his mouth that is when you know it has absorbed through your skin. Hope all is well and happy hunting! Deer Dog Man!

Rodney I have been using those cow tags for a couple of years havent had any trouble very few ticks, however I guess anything in these chemicales is possable. However in your buddys case is it possable you was running those Julys an Ed Bacon seen a crossing an seen what old smiley was doing to those Julys, and just passed out, you know Ed takes his dogs pretty serious.

Buddy good one

Buddy my babbling bud, curiously you are babbling on a good point , you just Have a misguided thought process if old smiley ever got in front of those julys it would cause much more than blindness to occur although something can be said about a lack of vision and purpose for anyone that owns walker hounds

Rodney and Buddy,

My Dad knows Mr. Ed Bacon real well and he says Ed will go stone cold blind and totally deaf when walker dogs are out running his Julys.

Well I do say, anything is possible , although your assessment of the possibilities leaves me with a confusing oxymoron walker dogs running ahead of julys I've never concluded that could be possible

O-MY God, "YOUR LYING EYES" LIKE MY GOOD BUDDY ED SAYS,----AFTER THIS A.M.----
Lighting's going to strike you my Friend.

I do believe that you resemble that remark

By the sound of things, getting Mr. Ed a good Walker hound would solve the vision problem. This blindness thing is nothing new and probably has nothing to do with the tags.
From breed blind to stone blind is a small step. Remember that Rodney. And remember the cure.

Eric my cold lost friend, It's been a while since we have been able to converse. But I see you have not been cured of the old Idiom, "can't see the forest for the trees". You could suffer like my good buddy Sonny, 5 hounds can cross on a coyote and all he remembers is the one spotted hound although there are 4 beautiful red dogs leading the way . Walker dog ownership is best compared to a baby's dirty diaper. Everyone that owns them know they need to be changed, but very few want to do it. .

Rodney, It's good to hear from you, although I can't for the life of me, say why.
In your breed blindness, what you fail to recognize is that those first four beautiful red hounds were also Walkers.

RODNEY DONT BACK UP NOW THE AMBUSH IS ALMOST SET...

Eric I'm afraid that both you and Sonny would have to have a bouquet of purple python tags around your necks to get the outcome that you fella's dream about in a walker vs. July coyote race

Eric my friend pay no attention to Rodney,He is delusional,The only way he had any crossings is if they where running alone,The walker hounds where on the business end all morning and not a red/grey hound in 50',Yes he would have loved to claim that red male trouble hound and the black (good mouth gyp)even J.R.11 MONTH OLD MALE HOUND,"BUT"-HE- AS MOST JULY PEOPLE ARE TO HEAD STRONG TO ADMIT DEFEAT,I EVEN OFFERED THAT HE COULD BRED TO RAWHIDE,AND PROMISED TO TAKE IT TO MY GRAVE.

Sonny, although your pack
Is turning red(and it seems to be helping) . Until you decide to go all red about the best you can hope for is that a couple of those gyps your taking to the east coast masters remember some of that training they got from running with these julys

Sonny, They are a vanishing breed. Like the Ghost Dancers of another era,illusion is pretty much all they have left. We'll miss them when they're gone and none of us is sure why.