​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Darlington Fall Festival Kids Hunt

It's fall y'all! Bonfires, s'mores, pumpkins, costumes and of course field trials!!! Mark your calendars and come on out for our 1st annual Fall Festival Kids Hunt at Darlington Fox Pen Friday Oct 25th and Saturday Oct 26th. Friday we will kick off with a bonfire, hot dogs, s'mores and more around 7:00 pm. Everyone is welcome so bring your tents, campers or sleeping bags and sleep under the stars. The judges trailer will be available but please remember to bring your own blankets etc. We will cast Saturday morning at daylight. We will be running a 4 hour hunt - $30 per dog. Trophies and prizes will be given to all participants. We have a lot of fun games and activities planned ...

Bench Show with costume contest for best DOG costume!!!

Dog barking/coyote howling contest

Hay ride

Sack races

Fall pictures with dogs

Ballon popping contest

Egg toss

Pumpkin pie eating contest

Face painting

Plus more games and activities to be added soon!

We are also planning a raffle for the kids. All tickets will be $1.00 each and we are taking any and all donations. The more we have the more we can give back to the kids!!! We will have a different box set up for each donation so the kids can choose where they want to put there ticket/tickets. So far we have 1 puppy donated from Rockin C Kennels. If you are interested in donating ANYTHING please let us know and we will make sure it gets posted.

Remember we are always open to ideas/suggestions!!! We learned a lot from our first kids hunt and hope to make this one even better!!!

For numbers, questions or suggestions please give Heather Sharkey a call or text at 985-517-8072.

Hope to see you and your kiddos there and check back often for game/activity and donation updates!!!

Re: Darlington Fall Festival Kids Hunt

Silly me forgot to include these in the games and activities!

Apple bobbing

Eyeball relay

Mystery Boxes

Keep checking back to see what else we might add!!!

Wow! 25 numbers out on the first day posted!!! Thanks so much for supporting youth hunts! They are an awesome way to keep the sport alive! No limit on dogs and this is an all age hunt so give me a call and get your numbers today!

Thanks!

Heather
985-517-8072

Chad Wascom - Harrell said you needed 2 numbers - 19 and 20 are yours! Thanks!

Big thanks go out to Mr. Travis Prevost!!! He has donated a puppy for our kids raffle. Its a male pup born Aug 3, 2013 and is off of Prevosts Ammo X Prevosts Cheetah. Thanks so much for supporting our hunt! If anyone else would like to make a donation just let me know!

I know it's still a little early but call now to get good numbers! Lots of 2 digits still available.

Heather

Btt

Big pen will be available on Sunday mornings for free running turn out time 5:30 starting on the sept 29th through oct 20th

Btt

BTT

Big thanks go out to Mr Mitch Agalord and Mr Johnny Lenard!!! They have donated jambalaya plates for lunch on Saturday!!! If you were at our last kids hunt you know their jambalaya is yummy!!!

And for clarification -

The costume contest is for KIDS, ADULTS and DOGS!!! Dress up any way you want and any thing you want. We will make as many divisions for the contest as we need to!

We still have great numbers available so give me a call or text to get yours ASAP. Heading up to Darlington this weekend to start cleaning up and getting things ready.

Also -

We have heard that there are kids out there that would like to come but they don't have dogs to run. So here's what we are thinking - If you would like to enter a dog in the hunt but don't have a kid then no worries!!! We will be happy to pair you up with a child that morning. All we ask is that you be willing to share any glory with that child if your dog wins. We have trophies and blankets for the top ten so maybe the kid could have the trophy and the hunter take the blanket. I think this would be a great way to let everyone get involved. Might even recruit some new young hunters!!! Basically I know this is a kids hunt but EVERYONE is welcome to enter a dog. I think its safe to say that we all realize that this is about giving back to our youth and encouraging and motivating them and seeing everyone have a great time!!!

Don't forget right now there is free running on Sunday mornings at 5:30 so come on out and listen to some good running!

Btt

btt

Need two numbers please

Mr. Robert -
Sorry it took me so long to post these - it's been a crazy week! Your numbers are 27 and 28. Thanks so much and look forward to seeing yall there!
Heather

Count down is on little - and big - hunters!!! One week till our big hunt!!! Hope you guys are ready for some fuuuuuuuuun!!!! And hope you've got your costumes going - we've been working on ours and we are super excited. If you know anyone who needs a number or if you would like to add on to what you have just give me a call. Also don't forget it's not too late to donate! We have two really good pups to raffle off so far but we would love to add to that.

Looking forward to next weekend!!!

Ok guys we have 60+ numbers out and the book is still open so it looks like this is shaping up to be a great hunt. Just a little FYI - don't forget about the bonfire, hot dogs, smores and haunted hayride Friday night!!! Everyone is welcome to come out and just relax Friday night and let the kiddos play and have some fun. You don't have to have a dog in the hunt to come out Friday night or Saturday. The more kids the more FUN!!! Hope to see ya'll there!

Btt

Where is this located GPS

Will have to get it tomorrow but it's the corner of hwy 10 and hwy 448

Results on the leaderboard on field trail not graded

I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who came out Friday and Saturday to support our kiddos! We had another awesome kids hunt! With everything that's going on this time of year I think we had a great turn out and a ton of fun. Thank you to everyone who helped out in any way too! It takes a lot of hard work to put hunts on but it's always worth it in the end seeing those sweet silly faces having so much fun!!! Thanks again and looking forward to the next one!!!