​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old line blk& tan walkers

Does anyone breed / raise the foxhounds anymore and if so , who could I contact , thanks for any help.

Re: Old line blk& tan walkers

what is considered an old line of black and tan fox dogs. if they are chase registered they should go back pretty far.

I know there is a guy in Minnesota that does have some old line walker breeding! I could probably get his info for u if u want!

The last person I knew was Henry Nations at rockport ms .also Ren Tennen of miss that was a long time in the 1960s.good luck in your search.

doesnt every dog we have go back to old dogs. are you looking for a 10 year old dog that was whelped from a 10 year old dog. im not trying to be sarcastic just curious

Many moons ago the term "Old Line Walker" referred to the Walker bred hounds that did not contain the blood of the 2nd importation of English Foxhounds. The Walkers and Maupins founded the strain with "native" hounds plus English hounds plus Tennessee Lead (July or Maryland bred, most likely). Then several generations later they imported more English hounds and bred them into their newly created Walker hounds. The Old Line Walkers were the ones that never got the 2nd dose of English blood.
Today I don't think that is what folks mean when they say Old Line Walker. I really don't know what it means today.

T.Oliver, Wallace Knighten in western Ark. did have some of the old blood seen where he Reg. some not long ago in the horn, if I'm not mistaken. but had an outcross

That would be greatly appreciated !

We have some in SW Ark

Text or call for details 1-903-267-5187

Call Robert Nealis 405-969-2628. He has some