​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Liquor Hounds Origin and History

I am trying to find information of history and origin on LIQUOR Hounds for my husband, Terry Kee.
Please, any help is appreciated! THANKS!!!!

Re: Liquor Hounds Origin and History

Jim Owens of branson,Missouri had Joe's Ghost and his pup Ozark boubon liqour in late 40's. they were also called raider hounds as Joes ghost off wildwood jo jo. investgate these two sires .

ozark bourbon liquor's dam was a gran pup of Red liquor threw her sire. red was the first to my knowledge call liquor. the Ozark bourbon male is in these modern day liquor dogs.

Thanks you have at least given me a place to start.

Mean liquor ws a pup of ozark bourbon. souther cyclone a pup also. and wild goose diamond a great gran pup ozark bourbon liquor. these three sires were the popular ones that the guys today call liquor blood.the clem's whiskey dog's 5 gen ped will show you lots.

Fourche River Rambler and his mates( Owens Cyclone,Big Benny Liquor, Etc. were Grandpups of Ozark Bourbon Liquor through Southern Cyclone.Big Tim Liquor was a very notable hound by Bourbon and was the sire of Diamond.As you go on you have Straight Bourbon,Double Liqour V.,Simon Flip Up, Knight's Ringo Rambler, Bear Creek Tom W. Ozark Jake etc.

Everybody knows that ARKANSAS is the home of the liquor hounds. Hy Win Bad Liquor, Hy Win Duke, Ruff Gunner were owned by Bob Mcclain of Mt Ida AR. Raburn Gaston and Porter Fryar of Hog Jaw AR had numerous liquor hounds Gastons Richman, Porters Red Wing being two stand outs. Ol Brownie or Fourche River Rambler as you MS folk would know him was owned by AC Papsan from Boles AR just ouside of Waldron AR he also had Fourche River Scottie, Fourche River Red L the list goes on. Dont shoot the messenger but the old timers sold their culls to Beasley who in turn sold them in Mississippi. I started with liquor hounds and strayed a time or two, but day in and day out no matter fox or coyote I know they will compete anywhere you drop them. All of my hounds are liquor bred. Oh cant leave Don Owen out his dad owned Owens Cyclone.

lets not forget wayne shields--pete phelan--maurice southern--c.j.harris.some of the men that brought the so called liquor hounds to the ones being mentioned here in these posts.
always fasinated me about this line of hounds,back 65,70 years ago the ark boys got hold couple gyps grand pups of old red liquor by this time the cross old wildwood jo jo ex puddin that produced steel foot jo--jerry d--master jo--jo,s ghost and others had came along they just kept crossing on those hounds til they wore them out when if fact ninty five percent of the bloodlines in the ones they bred in those days came through ray raider--f lying cloud--big stride--buzzard wing--big jester in those stud dogs.i,ll grant you that is why your hounds are like they are yet today.but all you ever hear is liquor--liquor--liquor.nothing against red liquor just saying there was a lot of hounds came from the kennels of sam wooldridge and alex parrish that made the liquor hounds what they are besides old r.l.

I hope those old dogs Mr.McCrary mentioned,ray raider and flying cloud and buzzard wings are in the great H.O.F. I am sure they are. Be a shame to forget them.