​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hunters horn

Has anyone else noticed how small the hunters horn magazines have gotten?

Re: Hunters horn

Surely it cant be any smaller than The Chase. I used to look forward to both coming every month but I let both go because they got so small. I'm on the east coast and most of my dogs are Chase reg dogs and most of the hunts I attend send their results into the Chase but I always felt like The Horn was put together better and a better overall magazine.

they only print what is sent for the most part lot of it is in bunches like registrations,hunt reports, ads etc.sept 2013 horn issue 114 pages,much more would been like a phone book...

Changing times count the number of stud ads in either book, everyone breeding to their own stuff or local. They need hunt results turned in to print them and its most of the time already on computer and its old news by the time its in the magazine. I like the photos but they are getting more prevalent on computer now with photobucket. Its not the editors or magazine its the changing times. Before long one of the registrations might even be where you can register hounds on line and maybe even online magazine saves money and trees LOL I just hope the registrations stay affordable till the Horn or Chase figures out registration without all the printing cost. I know registrations are getting so expensive but I think it is so because of lack of Ads in magazines if it was not for the Leaderboard requirement of Horn I wonder how magazine would survive.

DONT SAVE TREES! Timber pays for a lot of the pens!