​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NATIONAL FORESTS

HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT OUR NATIONAL FORESTS AND WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREAS BEING SHUT DOWN DUE TO THE GOVERMENTAL SHUT DOWN?

Re: NATIONAL FORESTS

No but hopefully the people that run those things will begin to realize that they actually work for us and that the NF are not their own personal hunting preserve

It's my understanding that national forest and state wma's are not closed. Only federal refuges, recreation areas, and fed. Lakes. Now how will they inforce the closures..... I dunno

I heard this afternoon that the forest service people in Meadville, Ms. was sent home today. I also heard that the law enforcement people were not sent home. I called my senators several times this week leaving messages and email to shut it down. It would give me great pleasure to go to the homochitto national forest and not get harassed. They have ruined the dog hunting there. If they go back to managing timber, instead of Truck Tags, inspection stickers, Dog crates, and etc. I may can get over the way I feel toward them.

I was bow hunting in KNF today and was told to leave and some other hunters had notes on their windshields.

They think they on the land.

yea they think they own it, we got a wma here about 20 min from my house I think its about 16000 acres and wont unlock the gates, u can legally hunt it when small game season comes in with dogs on fox and bobcats but u think he will unlock the gates irritates the crap outa me have sent our state senator several emails and he don't give a crap either till he wants a vote

I was told today you can hunt national forest just parks closed I'm on a stand now.

was told sandy creek wma open and homochitto nf closed today

Parks and Ramps around Lake Ouachita supposedly closed off;Corp of Engineer Lake. Field Office @ Mtn. Pine Closed and Rangers sent home. Most of the Arkansas National Guard laid off and ordered to stand down.

We hunted the homochitto national forest for 40 years with no forest service Marshall lawman, and we did fine. the deer herd grew. Now they killed a total of 20 deer on the caston creek wildlife management area last year. A few years ago they were killing 80 deer a year. It leads me to believe we were better off without them. They may could get a job with the highway patrol, They are better at checking inspection stickers and auto tags than managing wildlife.