​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RESULTS OF THREE HOUR AT BURKETT'S FOXPEN

WE HAD GOOD RUNNING. THANKS TO MR. JIM WHEELER AND ALL OF THE JUDGES AND TO THE HUNTERS. HERE ARE THE RESULTS:

1ST PLACE: HOUND #11 NEWTON'S MACK SIRE: HAMMERDOWN ACE DAM: SPIRES PEGGY; RONNIE AND KELLY NEWTON; 465 POINTS

2ND PLACE: HOUND #8 NEWTON'S SUGAR SIRE: NEWTON'S MACK DAM: NEWTON'S BLACKBIT; RONNIE AND KELLY NEWTON; 440 POINTS

3RD PLACE: HOUND #57 JOHNSON'S WRANGLER SIRE: TURNER'S LEVI DAM: TURNER'S LOOK; B&B KENNELS; 425 POINTS

4TH PLACE: HOUND #6 CHANDLER'S PEARL SIRE: CHANDLER'S GRAYBOY DAM: CHANDLER'S OZELLA; B&B KENNELS; 400 POINTS

5TH PLACE: HOUND #21 NEWTON'S GREYGIRL SIRE: CHANDLER'S GRAYBOY DAM: CHANDLER'S OZELLA; RONNIE AND KELLY NEWTON; 385 POINTS

THANKS, AND GOOD HUNTING.

Re: RESULTS OF THREE HOUR AT BURKETT'S FOXPEN

How many entries did you have?

obviously not enough to even waste time postin results. lol

MACK!!!

Mack must be littermate to Stinger as Spires' Peggy is the Chase registered name of Hammerin Down Jitterbug

MR. JEFF ,MACK IS LITTERMATE TO STINGER.THANKS.

they had 6 dogs. 4 of newtons and 2 of bnb

If this here don't speak louder than words,ur just not paying attention.Us as hunters are tired of the crooked crap.People want fair hunts & that's the way it needs to be.

Field trials were designed to pick the best consistant hound that hunt.People want this.If other hunts will end up like this,it would make some things happen.

Good luck to yall & hope yall open ur eyes.20-30 dogs from here in MISS.didn't come to a hunt & not score over 30 pts.

Be proud if yall want to.I really hope yall can get this stuff straitened out.

GOOD LUCK to you.

Looks like the JULY NATIONALS that was put on last month came back to get you at this hunt. Things must change or you can kiss field trialing goodbye!

I HEAR IT ALL THE TIME ABOUT THE #'S ARE DOWN AT HUNTS.GUYS,IT'S NOT THE ECONAMY.PEOPLE STILL HAVE JOBS.IT'S HARD TO GO TO FIELD TRIALS KNOWING YOU ARE JUST DONATING.

IF THIS DON'T WAKE PEOPLE UP,YOU ARE RITE,IT'S BOUT OVER.LOOKS TO ALREADY BE OVER IN S.ALABAMA.

Keep hiding behind yall's keyboards y'all bunch of yellow belly crybaby's.

not a crybaby lashley, just educated. thank you for the education

Any time no name poster.

WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT JON IS THAT IF YOU GET ON THE WWW IF YOU MAKE COMMENTS TOWARD SOME ONE ELSE IT COULD BE HELD AGAINST YOU.I PERSONALLY DIDN'T LIKE THE HUNT,BUT I WILL TELL YOU THAT.IF SOME OF THEM DOGS THAT PLACED BEAT SEVERAL OF THEM DOGS THERE IT WILL BE A COLD DAY IN HELL.NOT ONLY COMMENTING ABOUT MINE & ROBBIE'S DOGS.SO PEOPLE CAN VIEW THIS HOW EVER THEY WANT TO.

NOT ONLY TALKING ABOUT JUST MY DOGS EITHER.THERE WERE GUYS THAT BROUGHT 8 HOUNDS THAT HAVE BEEN WINNING & PLACING ALL OVER & THERE HIGH DOG HAD 30 PTS.I PERSONALLY SAW THE 87 DOG CROSS 20 YARDS FROM A JUDGE WITH A FIRST PLACE CROSSING.ME 747,RED CREEK & ROBBIE WAS SITTING AT THE FENCE BY HIGHWAY & WATCHED IT.I TRY TO NOT SAY ANYTHING SOMETIMES,BUT I AM.IF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE IT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS.I DON'T BEAT AROUND THE BUSH.(IT IS WHAT IT IS).

EVERY DOG THAT PLACED AT THAT HUNT WAS A JULY OR LOOKED LIKE ONE.GO FIGURE.IF THIS OFFENDS YOU WHEN YOU READ THIS POST THEN I'M PROBABLY SPEAKING TO YOU OR ABOUT YOU.

256-596-0046 OR 256-307-0884.

I DON'T HIDE HOW I FEEL.THERE'S MY NAME & #.WE MAY NOT HAVE THE BEST HOUNDS IN THE WORLD,BUT WE ARE AVAILIBLE TO RUN W/WHO EVER WANTS TO RUN.I HAVE NOT RAN A DOG SINCE THAT HUNT.BUT I WILL RUN WITH EM AGAIN ANY TIME.

For a box of animal crackers, can anyone tell me how many times Brandon Pritchard has commented on this thread? Here's a hint: more than twice.

What I would like to hear is how to hold a perfect field trial. The closest you will ever come is to let each hunter come up with his own results and then the honest ones will leave happy because they got to see which hounds were truly better and the dishonest ones will leave happy because they will rank their pack ahead of everyone else in attendance. Some folks just can not believe they can get outscored. If they don't win then it must be a crooked hunt. I don't care how good your dog is, you can't come to a strange pen with low numbers of game and out score the locals in a short hour hunt. The thicker the pen, the more advantage to the locals. The less game, the more advantage to the locals. The smaller the pen, the more advantage to the locals. The more terrain features (ditches, hills, etc), the more advantage to the locals.
Different judges score crossings differently also. I have watched crossings from outside the wire at Elba and compared it to the judge who scored the crossing and I would have had it different than what was turned in. Not to say that one way is right or wrong. I score them wide off the track and some judges only score a hound if he is 2 inches to either side of where the game crossed. I've seen some judges turn in 1 crossing or 0 crossings when I know they saw 7 or 8 crossings, but if they felt like a cutting hound had messed up the crossing and it wasn't an ideal situation then they won't turn it in. Some will go out of there way to turn in a score even if it wasn't a perfect crossing. Now, if we had folks fighting to be invited to judge a hunt then maybe we could be picky. That isn't the case. If someone is willing to help that you can reasonably assume to be honest then you better be inviting them. I don't know why anyone would want to judge a hunt anyway. All you get for your effort is cussed and slandered.

Maybe we need a series of hunts. One in AL where folks from MS bring in all the judges, and one in MS where folks from AL bring all the judges. OF course, all the prize money would be burned up in fuel costs but maybe some hunters would feel like they got treated "fairly" if they had their own judges in the field.

And can someone send me a list of the cheating judges so I can be educated too. I assume from reading on here that the Lashley's are on the list. Did they single handedly create the "July National" hunt results at Newton's 4-hour or is there an extensive July conspiracy? I've always heard the July dogs were discriminated against.

Heath shut the hell up please. There was 6 dogs there. If that doesn't explain it in a nutshell that people don't think they're hunts are fair , then your just stupid.. Nobody wants to donate

You guys are idiots lashley and Howell defending a hunt that had 5 dogs and defending obvious cheaters. Good luck with the next one Ronnie and Kelly!

TO the Newtons: I am sorry that you have not run hunts fairly. I have always thought that you did until just now. Heath as well as I have always tried to make sure hunts were run as fairly as possible . Opinions will always fall to different people in different ways. I as well as Heath have not invited people to judge that we thought some one might think had a dog in the hunt , so to speak. (For instance I was invited to judge this weekend in your hunt by the master of hounds,whom is as fair as they come but we did not judge because we are planning to haul the Wrangler dog of Billy's to the centeral Arkansas hunt the 1 and 2 of november so I did not feel that would look good for him to win the hunt again and I guess from your previous post should have won. I would not have donated to your hunt either if I felt it was crooked. From your previous post count me out of any future hunt you may have. I would not donate to anything I felt was crooked and I hate from what you said that you feel you must do so. I did not feel that anyone cheated at any hunt in this area or at any hunt that I have been to at your pen or any where else. I am so sorry that you feel people need to donate. The judges do however do donate. I personally do not put on any or many hunts because the judges pull more money out of their pocket to keep this sport alive in this area, except maybe Paul Trebble. Thank you mr. Paul and miss Sylvia for all your donations and time. Maybe more people like you will stay involved in foxhunting in this area and things will be ok. Foxhunting in south Alabama will be just fine. People like the Trebbles are all over south Alabama I am happy to say. When any one lets a sport take over their life and become their GOD they are doomed. God is strong in the foxhunting world and especially in this area. If you want to come to a good GODLY hunt come to MR. Trebbles facility this week at the DRY CREEK HUNT. Oh!!! It will also be run and judged fairly. I have total confidence in the people running the hunt. The facility is also the best any where in this part of the country and no one works harder to keep it that way than they do. There will be great fellowship, great running and fairly judged. No, I won't shut up and anyone that thinks they have been cheated should not either. They should call you directly. I would not have posted but I felt you spoke out of turn on this site for many people that do not agree with your previous statement. Foxhunting in south Alabama will be just fine with or without you. I hate you feel the way you do. Yes i will be there . I will also have a prayer time and devotion should anyone be interested. my # is (334) 360-5272. God Bless every one . JAY HOWELL

I PERSONALLY AM NOT BLAMING ANY ONE PERSON.I HONESTLY HAVE NO IDEA WHO DID WRONG.I **** SURE DON'T THINK JON LASHLEY DID ANY WRONG.IT'S TO LATE AT THIS POINT.IT LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE FELT THIS WAY.THAT'S A GOOD HINT THAT A LOT MORE PEOPLE FELT THIS WAY WHEN THERE WAS NOBODY ELSE SHOWED UP.

I HATE THIS AS MUCH AS ANYBODY.I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEEN THIS WORK.IT IS AS CLOSE TO HOUSE AS I WILL EVER GET TO GOING TO A HUNT.I'M NOT JUST COMPLAINING ABOUT MY DOGS NOT PLACING,BUT THERE WERE SOME OUTSTANDING HOUNDS THAT DIDN'T HAVE BUT 30pts. OUT OF 8 HOUNDS,(THAT'S A BUNCH OF BS).I WENT DOWN & RAN W/BILLY,BUBBA,SONNY,KELLY, & RONNIE 3x.I CAN PROMISE YOU W/WHAT WENT ON DO THERE THEY GOT MORE THAN THERE SHARE.THEY RAN THE AIR OUT OF A LOT OF THEM COYOTES.

I'M JUST POSTING HOW I FEEL & I'M SORRY IF IT OFFENDS YOU.I'M JUST POSTING THE WAY I SEEN IT & OTHERS FEEL THE SAME WAY,I'M JUST SAYING IT.I'M NOT CALLING ANY ONE PERSON A CHEATER.I HAVE NO IDEA WHO TO CALL THAT PERSONALLY,BUT I DO KNOW THERE WAS SOMEBODY THAT FEELS THAT I'M SPEAKING TO YOU.

AND TO HEATH,I TRY TO BE FRIENDS W/EVERYBODY,BUT I'M JUST TELLING IT HOW IT IS.I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BE GOING BACK & FORTH W/YOU,BUT YOU REALLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE.THE OLD WRANGLER HOUND IS A GOOD HOUND & I'M NOT BOTHERED BY HIM WINNING.BILLY IS ONE OF MY GOOD FRIENDS & I LOVE HUNTING W/HIM.NOTHING I'M SAYING IS TOWARD B&B KENNELS EITHER.IM JUST SPEAKING ON THE HALF OF ALL THE HUNTERS THAT DIDN'T COME BACK.IT REALLY NEVER CROSSED MY MIND IT WOULD HAVE TURNED OUT LIKE THIS.

My earlier comments are not directed to Ronnie and Kelly, they are directed to 'the newtons' whoever it was that made that post.
Jay Howell
334-360-5272

It's too late now the beans have been spilled and everyone knows the truth and everyone talks. Apologies are pointless now, when I get my money took I don't feel sorry. I'm happy this topic has over 1500 views because now things have been exposed. The newtons the lashleys all you som ******* cheat that why no one will fool with you , buying puppies or come to a hunt you hold or judge at so good luck fellas . And lil man Cory it's probably a good thing you and your dad don't go to any hunts anytime soon BUD. People are hacked off

I cant speak for no one but my self but I can promise you ALLLLL that me Cory Lashley did not cheat and will never cheat just judged what I saw I still got my score sheets I never scored the 1st place dog the 2nd place or 3rd place at all and ...... I could care less who is mad at me for them not placing at a hunt that I just happened to be judging. sorry fellas

So you the people that ran the hunt word is out there was something going on now what are you going to do about it

LSU- I Guess them Rebels must have had cheating judges to. I do know for a fact one of the refs has a pen full of JULYS, and he lives in Monroe La.

Alford we may have lost a couple but u better bet Lsu will be ready for y'all bunch of rednecks