​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rodney

'The July hound, the best foxhound ever...'. Rodney my mis-guided main man. This sounds like a great fictional basis for a book. Probably Earl Stanley Gardiner who wrote a lot of detective novels would be a great co-writer.
You could go back to the breed's humble roots as garage guardians, ram ramrods and bird-bringer-backers. You could list the new innovations at those exclusive July clambakes like, coyote howling and July howling, which will be added to the slate next year.
You could cover the infusion of Flowers blood that gave them the speed and the Hellums blood that provided the stick.
You could interview many of the leading July hound men and their parole officers.
Looking forward to the release and save me a first copy.

Re: Rodney

ERIC MY SHIVERING BUDDY...I CAN SEE ITS GOT COLD ENOUGH UP NORTH TO NUMB YOUR SUB ZERO MIND... YOU ALREADY KNOW THE STORY THE WALKER BREED EVOLVED FROM HODO AKA TENN LEAD AND A BLUETICK BEAGLE....AND YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN IN A DOWNWARD TAIL SPIN EVER SINCE YOU WENT TO CROSSING THAT CROSS BACK TO THE BEAGLES....OOPS I ALMOST FORGOT LEAD WAS STOLEN OUT OF A DEER RACE BY A HORSE TRADER AND SOLD TO THE WALKER CLAN.....THATS MY STORY AND IM STICKING TO THE TRUTH......

Charlie,my Missouri amigo, Tennessee Lead was found wandering lost in the mountains and given a good home. He re-paid this kindness by becoming the fountainhead of the great Walker hound line.
Hodo was found guarding a garage in south Georgia. He was bred to a German shorthair gyp of questionable lineage and founded the Nation. America has never fully recovered.
You can read all about it in chapter 7 of Rodney's upcoming chronicle.

You'll three or something

ERIC
WITHOUT A DOUGHT YOU ARE THE BEST.

ERIC THE GERMAN SHORTHAIR IS WHAT PUT THE SPEED AND DESIRE TO CATCH IN THEM... EVEN POOR OLD TENN LEAD ( HODO ) COULDNT OVERCOME THE GENERATIONS OF BLUETICK BEAGLE BASSETS...NEXT SUMMER THERE WILL BE A HISTORY LESSON OFFERED AT THE BIG VALLEY THE HOME GROUNDS OF THE NATION.....BUT YOU NEED TO BE MORE ALERT THAN SEARGENT DUCOTE HE WAS SLIPPED UP ON MUCH TO EASILY.....AND SONNY HAS ALREADY TURNED TO CHROME PLATED EQUIPMENT.....

Charlie, We have had our differences over the years but I have always appreciated the fact that you told the truth as you see it, no matter how delusional it was.
However to insinuate that fine Walker hound men like Ducote and Sonny have dabbled in the dark side is like suggesting Dwight D. Eisenhower was a Democrat. Please get back on you medication.

DARK SIDE WHAT DO YOU MEAN DARK SIDE....ITS BEEN TOLD THEY ARE SEEING BRIGHT RED AND SNOW WHITE.....BESIDES D.D.E. WAS A MIDDLE OF THE ROAD GUY....I WISH WE HAD ONE LIKE HIM NOW....I THINK HE WAS A JULY MAN ALSO....

Yal all talk Tennessee lead and Julys how u know he wasn't a July and the same for the Julys they all came from some thing any one ever seen the papers on Tenn lead no they ant enough said

ITS HARD TO LOOK AT THE TRUE PEDIGREE ON A STOLEN HOUND....AND I AM PRETTY SURE AS WELL AS HE PRODUCED HE HAS A PEDIGREE SOME WHERE WHICH I AM SURE IN THOSE DAYS WAS HAND WRITTEN....

I up in the cumberlan mountains. where tenn lead was taken my great great uncle lost a dog he believed it was his a pure bred irish wolfe
hound lol lol lol

Charlie -- No, he was a golfer but the similarities are astounding.

Malcolm, I believe you have finally solved the mystery of Hodo. Maybe now, you could move on to Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster.

Oh My.... I leave the board for a few days to get back to Ga. and find, that you two are giving away all the intrique to the new book. Just to settle everyones nerves a bit...
Eric you "will" get the job as chief editor. I know you are worried sick about it, but I'm confident that you will deliver an accurate and unbiased approach in your position. (And yes, I will get you some July pups so that you can fit in).
Charlie you are locked in as the lead investigator and collaborator on the superlative ability of the July hound, over all other long legged beagle types known as Walker dogs. (can you help me find Eric a July pup??)
I must now go on damage control, since ya'll almost ruined the sequel to this book (The walker hound's demise). I will my security (The Medicine Man),contact Sonny and Ducote and have them keep those long haired ,glass eyed, exceptionally fast, walker dogs in the barn until I have time to sort this out (and "NO" Eric you can't have theirs)

Rodney, I'm overwhelmed regarding the editor position but by the time I got through sorting out the ambiguities, exaggerations, suppositions and forged pedigrees, we'd have nothing much left but a postage stamp.
I really appreciate the puppy offer but am almost entirely unworthy. Could you not find someone more deserving -- like an axe murderer?

As nice as Sonny was ( or maybe he just enjoyed how easy you were) allowed you run your hounds at Dry Branch Enclosure surely you not drag him into this barfanglement. And wanting him to breed that screw tailed pug bred cull to a fast walker dog. That's Sonny story and I am telling it. Lol

Thanks Dot, Barfanglement was the word I was looking for. Rodney, forget the book, there's too darn much barfanglement in it anwyway.

OH MAN RED DOT YOU DONE QUIT TAKING YOUR MEDS AND WENT TO NIPPING ON THE WRONG BOTTLE AGAIN.......NOW YOUR GONNA NEED TO START ALL OVER AGAIN...

Eric, you and Dot are quite linguistically perverse in your vocabulary choice, but coming from frippery folks as yourselves I do understand . As for Dot being at Sonny's, I immediately will surmise that he is already working to get him a little chrome. .
I do hope that your Canadian health services will allow you to see your shrink, because I realize you are having this dual personality confliction. YOu should go ahead and give into the Nation, you will find it harder to resist as Mr. Martin keeps the pressure on you and your type.......

Rodney, Does this mean I'm suspended from the board or will I simply have to post Incognito?

Eric, the world is eager to watch the personal demise or transformation of a walker houndsman to a total July fanatic . So Please continue, and feel free to utilize Dot's superior vocabulary skills, as reference material . There should be solace in the fact that you will not be alone in your quest. Know that Sonny and Ducote have begun to accept the fact that they are moving toward the Nation. As their hounds start to change in appearence and ability. This could be you...., as the hound world eagerly awaits your transformation

Rodney, I'm just waiting til this storm blows over. It's all a bunch of barfanglement, anyway.

No time to waste....it could be just a canadian "fuddle duddle" or a real bomb diggity.you will have plenty of time to decide during your tenure as editor in chief. you have so many facts to consider

Rodney, Just a wild guess but somehow I see facts and this project as being what they call mutually exclusive.

My dear friend, we must get you some help. You are in a state of habituation. you have been led to believe that a good coyote hound is a walker, I am here to help you see, that is an oxymoron of biblical proportions. In the case of "The July Hound being the greatest coyote hound in the world" , I believe as you start your new career choice , you will understand that it will not be mutually exclusive, but rather Collectively Exhaustive. thus the sooner you set pen to Paper, the sooner the world can realize what we in the Nation already know!!!

Rodney, I am not in a state of habituation and resent implications that I am. I may, however, be in a state of barfanglement.

Eric, we a complete and exhaustive search of all ledgers and ancient artifacts, I have confirmed, what Red Dot already knew? Barfanglement: Is an old Indian term. In which the true meaning is of Georgian decent, used with a Canadian accent to mean; "I'll be so glad when I can have a kennel full of July Hounds." . I'm quite sure that Sonny knew that, but he just wanted me to have to find out on my own. any one else wanting to be in a state of Barfanglement just call Charlie Walker or Whitey Turner to get you set up or wait a few months on Sonny and Ducote

Rodney, You have slandered Sonny and Ducote before. They are honourable men and have assured me numerous times that they have maintained the purity of their fine Walker hounds.
You can rest assured that the b-word will never again escape my lips.

Rodney, I know the Nation is populated by entirely honourable people, but I also know from their choice of hounds they are prone to mistakes.
With that in mind, I checked with libraries in both Macon, GA. and Moose Factory, Ont. and found both to agree that barfanglement is indeed an old Ojibwa word meaning: "he who converses with the enemy".
Knowing the correct usage of the word, thanks to librarians Red Dot and Chief Dan George, I will be careful about being wrapped up in its insidious net. Barfanglement is almost always a recipe for disaster, although our beloved former chief Gen. George A. probably could have used a bit of it before jumping all over that little Indian village in the valley of the Little Big Horn.

BUT ERIC HOW COULD YOU HAVE MORE HONORABLE AND TRUSTING ENEMIES THAN THE NATION....

Join Homeland Security?