​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GOPHER HILL EIGHT HOUR OPEN FIELD TRIAL RESULTS

We had a great hunt! There were 59 hounds entered by a great group of hunters and sportsmen. The Master of Hounds, Butcherman Crain, did his usual good job of leading a topflight cadre of seventeen hard working judges. Mr and Mrs. Stefen Givens and sons provided and cooked the food for the judges' breakfast and lunch for all those in attendance. I appreciate them doing that more than I can say. Shane had the pen in super good shape, and the game could not have looked or run any better. For eight hours and then some, the running was wall to wall. My thanks goes to everyone who made this hunt so enjoyable and successful. Congratulations to the winners!

TOP TEN WINNERS:

1. HOUND #1 (615 pts) Unknown X Unknown - James Edwards and Dusty, Carthage. MS
2. HOUND #771 (440 pts) Unknown X Unknown - Patterson Bros. Kennel, Silver Creek, MS

3. EBARB'S HIGHJACK (385 pts-tie) Bratton's Sackett X Ten Mile Delight - Keith Ebarb, Zwolle, LA

4. SMITH'S HOUSTON (385 pts-tie) Spire's William X Wildgoose Hornet) - Bridgette and Dickie Smith, Franklinton, LA

5. HOUND #772 (370 pts) Unknown X Unknown - Patterson Bros. Kennel, Silver Creek, MS

6. SMITH'S DRAKE (335 pts) Swampside Mallard X Lloyd's Cheri - Bridgette and Dickie Smith, Franklinton,LA

7. DUFF'S BIG RED (305 pts) Reed's Bo-E-R X Reed's Red Lady - Okatoma River Kennels, Seminary, MS

8. JESSIE (300 pts-tie) Butler's Preacher X Teel's Hanna - Bud Teel, Ponchatoula, LA

9. SCAR (300 pts-tie) Butler's Preacher X TOC Baldy - Bud Teel, Ponchatoula, LA

10. HOUND #741 (295 pts) Unknown X Unknown - Patterson Bros. Kennels, Silver Creek, MS

All ties were broke on times. Bud Teel's two half mates tied on points and tied on the first time. The tie was broken on the second time.

A big thank you goes to Claude Hinton for providing SHOWTIME dog feed. Hunters, we need to patronize feed companies that support hunting and hunting events like field trials. We are hearing that some companies are dropping their support and sponsorship of dog hunting because of activists. Those companies certainly don't warrant our patronage.

Good Hunting to all!!

Re: GOPHER HILL EIGHT HOUR OPEN FIELD TRIAL RESULTS

7th place is Cluff's Big Red. Reeds Big Bo-E x Reeds Red lady Congrats to every one that placed

Thanks for putting on a Great Hunt Guys. See yall next time.

keith, thanks for coming to the hunt. cong. on placing your hound. call me sometime and this get together on a hunt.

We had a blast , Mr Leroy . Can't wait for the next one.

chuck, glad that you enjoyed the hunt. thought we had excellent running. we had a bunch of hounds score from around 150 to 250 in the hunt. that spoke well for the hounds and the running. hope you enjoyed the food and sportsmanship, thought everything went off good. we miss haskill but he was training his hog dogs. he had rather run hogs in Georgia than have a wolf race in la.. we have to give him the devil over something. come back to see us.

I will be back for sure. The food was great. Haskell will be trading walkers for curr dogs before you know it. I think he is kicking his self in the rear end for getting rid of Houston . December between deer seasons would be a good time for another hunt.