​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
International Running Hound Classic

The Interrnational will be run at Harrisville ,MS January 15-18 , 2014. Please send all information on hounds , what hunt, what place and breeding on hound. Please sent check or money order to Larry Etheridge 5528 Vimville-Causeyville Rd. Meridian MS. 39301. Entry fee $75.00 and $25.00 membership. Will take the top 150 hounds plus all ties. Please include your phone number. Entries must be post marked by December 26 , 2013. Hounds must have placed in a Derby or All-Age in a 2 or 3 day hunt run under National or Masters rules.

Re: International Running Hound Classic

Numbers will be drawn by me on January 1,2014 and I will call and give you your numbers. If you have any questions you can call me at 601-479-4729

what if we have our dogs dyed with a number

I am sorry but you have to take the draw number

Stupid things like making it difulucult all the time with these 3 day hunts is the reason there numbers are down and people Want go , not just the number but 3 day hunts don't understand the cost to a hunter or they could adjust certain things !!!

Get out if you can't pay to play the game it's been that way for years don't want your kind there anyway.

The IRHC is a big boy hunt some of the best hounds in history have fought to win the
title of IRHC f CH in front of their names but Mr.Jones what do you suggest they change ? Yes it takes work to bleach numbers off but there is a lot more work than that to get one ready for this hunt. If you like competition and have a hound qualified to attend please come and see what it is all about.

he sure dnt understand a 4 day hunt.

To clarify: the following are GOVERNING RULES of the INTERNATIONAL RUNNING HOUND CLASSIC---"Applications for entry shall be made in advance, by mail only, from December 15-December 26, of the year preceding the field trial in January. The application must include the entry fee, the membership fee, the qualifying information, the hound's name and breeding, plus a telephone number where the hunter may be reached. Hounds that qualify shall be marked with numbers 1-150. Except as set out below, no other numbers shall be used and all numbers shall be used in succession beginning with #1 I.e. if only 137 hounds are entered, numbers 1-137 will be used. In the event that more than150 hounds are entered, the succession of numbers from 150 shall continue to equal the number of hounds entered."

Btt

That's about as CLEAR an explanation as could be made!!

Allan Bishop
(Jabber Jaw)

Btt

Btt

Entries must be postmarked by December 26 , 4 more days please get them in the mail.

1st I never attended a IRHC - But I have follow several of the winners over the years, I think Tiny Hellums won and I remember bullet and killer going back to back 1st and 2nd IRHC and All American.....

But I do agree with the rules by laws there there and must have rules and must follow them.....

But on the other side of it, I believe every association should change an adjust as to not grow old or get complacent...

I think it is a not good to not use the best numbers available example, 711 or 411 not being used these are easy to paint numbers and the hunters pay for all the bills it should be about making things easier for the hunters, and rsvp numbers for sure makes it easier..... this could also be noted with All American and Nationals, the best numbers don't always get used....i put on few hunts been to 5 Nationals and probably 8 to 10 all Americans as a hunter i like it when things are easier for the folks paying the bill....

we should also try and make decisions with the effects on the judges they dont normally spend a lot of there money but they spend there time and to me the is like money to some time is more important...so I think we should always look at doing or making decisions that effect judges and consider it from all angles as well...

BE good - lets here other opinions on this mine is one of many I am sure there are a lot more.....

Lenny