​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kisatchie national forest deer dog decision

I was very disappointed today as got the email from are attorney confirming that we lost in court. I reviewed the whole 31 page ruling that judge based his decision on it's very disturbing to me how he confirmed his decision on hearsay not actual proof. But I guess we live in time were librial agenda will set the tone for everything we do! I will meet with attorney this week to see what are options are . But this is big lose for all sportsmens. Thank all of you that have supported the LSA threw years .

Re: Kisatchie national forest deer dog decision

thanks Trent for what yall done in the past.

I have read most of Mrs. Agopa statement that almost half of the hunting violations came during dog days but failed to mention that there was at least 12 times the amount of law that is usually there for just dog hunters. She did say that there might be an economy decrease during that time but said it would just hurt the small businesses but I don't call Lance Harris Leebo's such a small business with it affecting about 6 or 7 of his stores. It said that the Forest users brought about 8 million in 2005 and only 1.4 million during dog season but failed to mention that was in only 10 to 14 days also that is only 100,000 aday if it was 14 days not to bad. As far as the conflict with still hunters I don't think it is as much as it use to be most of them go get on their stands now and wait for the dogs to run one for them because at that time of the year the deer have became night time creaters anyway that is the reason people use dogs because they want move during daylight from all the pressure from the still hunters. Beside they said hunting season was from Oct. 1 to Jan. 31 I think the still hunters could share a few days out of 4 months and let the general public know what will be going on at this time. The days could be in Jan. when just about all still hunters have gave up and it would not be in the holidays when the other forest users was there. They could try this before just saying no and closing the whole thing.

THIS IS A BAD THING FOR ALL HUNTERS NOT JUST DEER DOGS, THIS OPENS THE DOOR FOR THE COURTS TO STOP ALL KINDS OF DOG HUNTING

Randy
I have read most of Mrs. Agopa statement that almost half of the hunting violations came during dog days but failed to mention that there was at least 12 times the amount of law that is usually there for just dog hunters. She did say that there might be an economy decrease during that time but said it would just hurt the small businesses but the convience stores are more than small businesses they are some peoples lively hood whiether they own them or employed by them. It said that the Forest users brought about 8 million in 2005 and only 1.4 million during dog season but failed to mention that was in only 10 to 14 days also that is only 100,000 aday if it was 14 days not to bad. As far as the conflict with still hunters I don't think it is as much as it use to be most of them go get on their stands now and wait for the dogs to run one for them because at that time of the year the deer have became night time creaters anyway that is the reason people use dogs because they want move during daylight from all the pressure from the still hunters. Beside they said hunting season was from Oct. 1 to Jan. 31 I think the still hunters could share a few days out of 4 months and let the general public know what will be going on at this time. The days could be in Jan. when just about all still hunters have gave up and it would not be in the holidays when the other forest users was there. They could try this before just saying no and closing the whole thing.

look like lance and Mr Hilton need to be asked were the help.

I think it will stop all dog hunting, then they will get to all hunting. she does not want any hunting because she has made the statement that it is barberic. she is truly a left winger.

Fox hounds went from a respectable thing to own to being the lowest rung on ladder years ago in my parts.Lots things caused it. Outnumbered was main thing.I let you figure out by who.I hate see anybody go through what we did with foxhunting but not much hope.A hound wouldnt last long out in wild here.

You might try working this thing from a minority side point of view has worked for other causes