​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trouble admitting

Why do guys who run 2 day hounds 3 day hounds have trouble admitting there hounds can't compete in 3 hour hunts

Re: Trouble admitting

They are hound men. And you dont sound to be one. It's not they dont like you or feel need respond , they just dnt want hurt your feelings with the truth. You are not a foxhunter. They are. You are messin round havin fun sat morn.They live a lifestyle you cant understand.And a good dog will run 3 hours or 3 days.Ho
pe ths helps you sleep.

Well sir I'm aware that a good hound should run 3 hours and 3 days yes I do pleasure hunt Not into the feild trialing since all the cheating has taken over. All I was saying is there r people out there that have a tuff time admitting that there 3 day dogs can run with a good 3 hour hound didn't mean I'm not a true hounds man. Hope this helps u sleep at night

rick, I will admit my hounds are 8-10 hrs. pleasure hounds. they can not run with valentine 3-5 hrs because they are not train that way. I would also say his 3 hrs dogs will not run 8-10 hrs in a hard race. that does not mean there is not exception to this because at time it will happen. I mention valentine because he has outstanding 3-5 hrs. hounds in our part of the country. I think it has to do with the way you train them along with the breeding.

I agree my hounds cannot run 8 to 10 hours but for 3 they certainly can put it on I'm saying guys that I've ran with for the first 3 hours I haven't seen there 3 day dogs in the hunt

Rick,I ment no ill will. but there are very speedy dogs at the larg trials.And not my dogs.It is a place to compete as you say for sure.Look at the scores turned in.And as for cheating,I hav heard that all my life.A man just takes it like it comes.Hope you get to a big hunt and see wat you are feeding.You may win.Never know till you try.Agin no ill will .You asked why the dogs dnt compete. I stated what I hav seen at big hunts.Fast,classy hounds.

Go to the Masters, Top Gun, World Cup, Breeders Cup, etc., and I promise you will see dogs that can fly for three days. Lots of them have won or placed in 3 hour hunts .

Who have you run with that three days I for one know a few that would put you out of trailing post yer number and location I have a brood gyp that IDE love too see you outrun for a hour or three or three days

Lmao Robert to funny brood gyp wow i got to come breed to your stack if ur talking that bout. Brood gyp and my post was to b meant for the guys I run with but since u want it post ur location .. What u running anyways son If u were to read Ll my post it says I don't feild trial cause of all the cheating hah .. Dig it

First off your post is addressed to all two and three day field trailers and happen to think you son don't know your rear from a hole in the ground two and three day hunters don't run from the chance of cheating because they have enough pride in what they feed to try and beat the odds but if you sir are scared you keep on picking on the home town crowd but keep in mind there is always some one better and as for the brood gyp I will bet 20 dollars a crossing for three hours and ten for the next 2 hours but if your are scared of five hours well you can leave when I load you. No hard feelings or I'll will meant by this but we all need an education from time to time. Ps. When my brood gyp shows you what a three day hound can look like I will sell you a puppy out of her so then you can go to some big boy hunts. Thanks

Time and place my friend and yes been to
Lots of so called big boy hunts and yes had my butt kicked but also did some butt kicking myself no ill will but ya lets hook up I like talking money from time to time

Hey Robert I will be in Kansas next week running with some friends hope thus works for if not let me no ASAP so I can make arrangements ..

Kansas? my goodness. Come see the other world and run some.Dogs compete cross the creek too.You be as sick as me watchin these crossins buddy.

Said I would b there bud read the message I've been all over running hah do u got a brood gyp to that u want to put 20 bucks a crossing hah u guys make me laugh how like I said I have no problem admitting my dogs won't last in a 3 day hunt but all I'm saying 3 hours money hunt been lots of them. No what a good three hour hound can do

a three hour hound dnt eat round here. Come to USO and see how fast 4 day dogs are .You change your program quick.Then go AA and try them out .They be glad give you a number.I think you are just kiddin round .I am. But there are lot faster dogs run a 3 hour dog to the truck.

Isn't a 3 hour hound just a dog that isn't tough or in shape? I can't imagine a hound quitting at 3 hours.

most those 3 hour boys do it in small pens were the slowest dog be in front half time. itsLot easyer to get bak in race in a 150 acre pen. You know ,in and out in and out.Get after a red in a big pen and see wats doin the come n and goin. 3 hour or 10 hour. pen size makes some hounds look great but put em in a big strange pen.well ,we all hav seen wat happens. Hearts get broke.

Well u guys honestly think with u guys can compete against a hard 3 hour hound

Rick,all jokes aside,you will see some fast 5 hour dogs run 4 days at USO in Jan next year.Fast as any on earth .Dont kid your self. Go to breeders cup and blow it out if you can.Three or five hour.It be wide open. All in fun but some of us been round the block before.

I hate to say it but I think this is a STUPID post . Do your own thing and don't worry about other people . Come on man !! For example race horses . I rest my case !

I WOULD THINK THE BEST THING TO DO IS FEED WHAT YOU LIKE AND LET EVERYBODY ELSE DO THE SAME.......

if you hv no opinion why waste your time posting not to post?we do feed wat we want.no offence ment to any body. see you at the cast !