If you do come and run with me in the morning
The high temp. tomorrow 20 degrees
wind from the north east at 20-25 mph
we have had no moisture for 20 days

If you come and run here you better have some hounds with OUTSTANDING noses

Should be a great day to run a yote.

Re: Do you have a hound with a good nose

kevin
why didn,t you find a day that was not so yummy lol.

Dick I picked the best day in the last 5, plus I dont have to work on Saturdays.
We are lucky, we missed the ice by about 75 miles, thank god.
Hope everything is good up your way

KEVIN I COULD SEND YOU A LITTLE MOISTURE IF YOU NEED IT...WE GOT ABOUT 12 IN OF THIS WHITE STUFF TODAY....

kevin
we hit snow storm here bout like u did the ice 5o some miles south of stlouis
we got 5 in, 25 mi south of here it started being like charlie said from 8 to 12 in and stayed that way all the way to ark and beyond must be terrible for folks and hounds at the world cup,pretty tough and it not even winter yet might be a booger of a winter.yall take care be safe.

Spring has come to southern Ontario. Most of the snow has melted. Temps were up around 50 degrees earlier in the week. Getting the lawn mower tuned up. Maybe you guys need to consider moving to Canader, eh.
Ice storms are real bad deals. We had one about ten years ago that just folded hydro towers like they were tinfoil and toppled trees like match sticks. It was a MESS.
Kevin, you are sure right about needing nose for the kind of conditions you describe. I think that may be the quality we have lost most with pen running. Pen hounds are generally running closer to the game and hunt with their legs and eyes often as much as their noses.
Foot scent is a foreign language to them. A lot of it is nose, although I think too that hounds are so geared up and competitive in a pen setting that they don't concentrate and often over-run tracks that they might handle if they settled down and worked them.
I believe that nose is what separates very good/ occasionally great hounds from the decent, competitive speedsters. They can handle the game once they get it. Even if it gets out of sight occasionally.
The best field trial hound I ever saw up here could run 50 yards ahead of a big pack of hounds and turn with the game and never miss a beat. She could hold that kind of lead for most of the day and often hounds would just drop off at every crossing you saw, until sometimes it would be just her and the coyote. Speed AND nose!

Hillbilly send me about 6 inches of the white stuff.(with no wind of course)
Dick sounds like you got lucky like we did. The world cut had to be a tough hunt.
Eric you are right on, most of the guys around here will not buy a puppy unless the know for sure that the sire and dam have been run on the outside.
There are 2 less yotes around here than yesterday morning.
We are now having freezing drizzle roads will be slick. Gota go for now, going to church.