Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pen building

You men that have made pens how much would it cost to make a 20 or 30 acres pen

Re: Pen building

I builds a pen 12 yrs. ago, therefore price on posts, dozer work, fence, gates, and labor has really increase over those years. you would need to check out prices. could not give you a close estimate.

I too would like to know more about this...

Call Dennis Harris He has built more pens than anyone
870 942 5453 he builds real nice fox pens turn key . I buddy of mine just told me sunday morning he checked on buying the wire and post to build him self and Dennis built it for what the materials would cost.

Just built one just shy of 80 acres an after buying 40 something pieces of game and all the material I had under 10 thousand in mine, but I did it all myself... Just paid a few guys to work a few days here an there..I did clearing an all hope this helps

built a 40 acre in 2001,depends on your buldozer work,3 of us drove the line post in 1 day...and it took us 2 days to hang the wire...but it took me more time working on joints,hotwire and gates....a few years later a friend had dennis harris to come buid one....and he's the way i'd recomend...hands down !
for your figureing purposes it took me almost a mile of wire and a t post every 12 feet...wire has doubled since then and i wouldnt even guess at the cost today

I recommend Dennis Harris, he does a great job! He will give you an estimate and you wont be able to beat it much by doing it yourself..

Where is he located at? Does anyone gave any contact info for him??

It was in the horn

Thanks! We actually just found it in the Horn.