​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exciting New Contest for 2014

A group of individuals is putting together a new contest for 2014. They are in the process of getting some sponsors now.
The events that drive this contest will be the following: Masters,Top Gun,World Cup, Breeders Cup,Wolfhound Classic,Southern Star,All American,Futurity,National,American Invitational,International,and the USO.

They will rate these hunts and place a factor on each. They hope to have enough sponsors to pay back something for the top ten dogs and place the winner on the cover of the Horn and Chase.
This has nothing to do with the Leaderboard. The Leaderboard will continue as it has, this is just a little something extra.

It will be called the "Grand Slam" the ownership will be independent of the Masters and the National.

Dogs must be registered in the Chase or the Horn to collect prizes.

Thanks for your interest

Re: Exciting New Contest for 2014

If it's nothing too do with the masters or the chase what does it matter if the dog is registered? May seem like a dumb question but would like to know what difference it makes

What is ment by "place a facter on each hunt"? Will a hunt not stand on its own value to its members?Should a Masters win be less than a USO win?

No, but some are derby hunts, and some limit the dogs, that has to be taken into consideration.

Robert, this is a stipulation this group wanted put in to support the two magazines that cover our hunts, that is the only reason

Why compare the hunts ? You hav undercut the international and futurity with age and limit.Every one who wins the hunts you are post judging should be very proud.And unless the exact same hounds run in each hunt were is the legitimate comparisment?This is one man's opinion.And thankful to live in a country were we still voice them.

Just use the ratings the Leaderboard uses. Simple

Ducote,
It makes it nice when you come up with something new to help the sport and put money and prizes in peoples pocket and all everyone wants to do is gripe aint it. LOL
What a deal...
Wonder anyone wants to do anything...

You said a mouthful.

Jerrod,

That proves there are more whiners, cry-babies, & jealousy, along with poor sportsmanship, than ever before!! Sad but True!!

Ducote,

Pay the whiners no attention...Go For It!! And Good Luck!
I'm sure there are a lot of folks anxious to see what y'all put together!

Whiners & Cry-Babies,

At least give it a chance & see what they present!!

Allan Bishop
(Jabber Jaw)

Like said before,I am glad to live in a country were a man can ask questions and state an opinion.But it looks like you get yelled at and called names when you do.If I see the man wins any hunt I always think he did good.Call people names that dont agree with you .Thats fine too.Everybody dont agree with every idea out there.Question was "rank factor of a hunt". If that makes you mad and is hard to answer so be it.Good day .

I concur with Allen and Jarrod, nice concept - be prestigious to do well in this race. Very good idea....

PS
Steve D, you and Skinny gettn a good whipping at the masters in 2014...lol be good.....

Lenny

Crow it want nearly be the first time Merry Christmas to you and Vaupal, and Allen .. Thanks for the support

Jabber Jaw,what is the cry baby jab for? Read the post.You the one off this time.Nothing been said out of line in the older post. You seem ready to beat up.

Crowe and Vaup... y'all are special

Merry Christmas to everyone..... Even you Ducote...

Re: Crowe and Vaup... y'all are special

Sorry about that Hank, overlooked you, my error. Merry Christmas to you. Again my apology

Field trialer.... Read all the posts!!

Complaining before the program is actually announced!!

I stand by my comments!!

Why don't the complainers & questioners put together a program??

Give it support & see how it works! Give credit for trying to do something to create interest & enjoyment in field trialling!!

Allan Bishop
(Jabber Jaw)

I ain't crying and I been asked to help with this. Just like to know about factors based on numbers or prestige or how the factors are gonna be decided. Also do hounds have to be registered in horn and chase? Or just one? And is there a deadline time for them to be registered or before the hunt?

Allan. You got way to much stress between judge jury and executioner on2 websites lol

PS. I AINT AGAINST YHIS JUST LIKE GO KNOW THE PARTICULARES OF HOW IT HONNA WORK

Jabber jaw what part of that man's view did you take offence at?I only saw a question thrown out about a factor for hunts. In my OPINION,if i get one on here, some want the new hunts to be on a higher level than old well known hunts.And as far as creating a new program I am happy with the way things are.Call me names and bully all you want. Its a big world.With lots hunters in it.And I will be at a few of these hunts.Chill out if you cant here other view points.No body calling you names.

field trialer u get more respect if you type your real name that the bottom line, ok to disagree but be a man or women and stand by your comments instead of hiding in the bushes with made up name....

if you going to to be at few of them hunts you will see me 2......

be good
Lenny

Sir,Thank you for not bashing or name calling.I don't get on here to disrespect or be respected.No one wants to be bashed over a view they hold thus why get on a personal level.The slam may be fun to many for sure. Nothing wrong with fun.Everyone enjoy themselves with what they want. I will be at a few hunts.And thats what I like.

Field Trial'r.... Not bashing.... I read it as a complaint about something good, which someone was trying to do.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Mine was.....wait & see what it is going to be before all the questions!
And I DO use my real name, as I have nothing to hide, unlike a lot of folks, & yes, they tend to be the ones to constantly question, as well as whine and cry!
One would have a lot more respect by using ones name!!

Allan Bishop
(Jabber Jaw)

We are all friends. I value your opinion very much,don't mean to insult.Sorry for any misunderstanding.Just interested in factoring a hunt.Never heard term before.Thats all.. will stay out of yalls place on here.Thanks.

This contest will end with the World Cup. The hound will have to be registered before that hunt. Trying to get the Horn and the Chase to put on their Covers. You just have to be reg. in one to participate, but if you win and want to be on both Covers, you will have to be in both books.

These hunts will take the same ratings that they have in the Leaderboard race.

We will give the Awards at this yrs. Masters, and next yrs., at the All American.

So far we have 5 companies that will participate in the prizes. We have contacted two more and waiting to hear from them.

Thanks for your interest.

Prizes will be given away at 2015 Masters and 2016 All American, sorry for the confusion.

Steve

Should create some interesting competition!!

Good job!

Now... all I need is some hounds to compete!
Fix me up!! LOL!

Allan Bishop
(Jabber Jaw)

First two hunts of 2014 that will count towards the Grand Slam contest will be in January. the 2014 USO held at Manning in January and the 2014 International held at Harrisville in Jan.

The USO is a grade 1 hunt:

International is a grade 2 hunt:

Feb. Will include the All American and The Breeders Cup.

All American Grade 1

Breeders Cup Grade 2

We are using the Rankings the Leaderboard Approved for these hunts.

Good luck to all