​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: 2014 USO - Low Country Fox Run

Forgot let Brad know the super fuel being delivered tomorrow. ...

Chubs Brad forgot what happen at SC STATE. ..USO might be a rerun for him. .... lolol

Brian, The USO was started by a few guys that wanted a running hound. They didn't want anything to do with show dogs. Matter of fact these guys started the USO because they fell out with the National. 1949, i believe and it was not affilaited with the National, no champion. Long history behind this one. Crowe horse laughed me when i told him i was taking one dog. I believe in the old USO advertisement. Bring your best and if you don't have one, wait till next year Maybe i should wait till next year

Barry has talked me out of it!!!! I'm out

Thanks for info Barry. Definitely the most prestigious RUNNING HOUND event.Definitely say you own one of the toughest in the game just to even finish this one.Especially this year being in the pen its in. I run outside all the time. Watching hounds on the garmin and knowing how many miles a day they travel vs. running in the pen and watching on Garmin how many miles they travel is an incredible difference. A hound that covers that many miles running in Manning for 4 days is going to be almost impossible. Can't wait to see who can do it.

I am tell you guys there are some dogs coming from nc you better keep a eye out for. They may not show up on the score board high the first 2 days. But the 3 rd and 4th day they will be heard from

Brian with all the heat coming from Ga and Nc I might need buy that tough dog u got? Will u hook me up?

Loading up Saturday run dogs at manning, talk to Archie Hucks, and president Sam Hucks the going so I'm taking my scrap to run....I sure hope mine be ready by cast time mine look raggedy raggedy got lot work to do.....

How many dogs people predicted. To show at hunt how many finish what u think....closest guess I buy u lunch one day at hunt.

Lenny

275 entry 45 finish. This hunt will be won the last day.

Crowe,
Im gonna be willing to bet you holding something worth taking. Done made that trip with you too many times and ain't NEVER seen you unprepared.All I know is the USO is definitely a prestigious trial and with Sam at the helm and having it at the record setting pen it's gonna be awesome.
I believe gonna see 300 and 40 will finish.

271 ENTERED 63 FINISH

350 ENTERED 50 MAKE IT

282 entered
91 finish

turned loose at 7 Saturday and had good running, plenty of game at pen.

get ready uso - here we come.....

Lenny

lenny
not every time is a hound that make ch a stud dog i have saw many hounds that were declared ch in my time over last 60 plus years that would not produce a hound worth a plug nickel while on the other hand a hound in same hunt that had very little showing would turn out to be a stellar producer,granted i have helped make ch hounds that went on to be great producing hound but not every one is,thats why putting a hound two or three yrs old in stud after a couple months with field ch in front of name will burn you if not careful,hope who ever wins uso takes a hound home that is tops both as a running hound and in breeding shed if a male hound.always remember that is how u declare a hound a stud dog.just an opinion from an ole boy been around the block a few times.
good luck to hounds and hunters at 2014 uso.

Old Timer - I agree with a lot of what you said, Now I said who ever wins if a male with have a stud dog I didn't say if he was going to be a good one or not....one thing that hasn't changed in this sport is every other hunter got a stud dog, lots of champions - if you look hard there a ton of small hunts to go to and make a dog a champion if he like you say worth a plug nickel....I have given dogs away that went on to be champions i wouldn't breed to him before I gave him away still wouldn't after he won the AA.....now as far as stud dogs go there is a lot of them, be selective, go by looks, confirmation and pedigree, go by the hounds record - heck know something about the dog compete against him....old timer remember most good dogs will never produce there equal - seen it 100 times, now I have seen a good gyp produce better than she was, I had one of them....I was mainly using figure of speech when I said the dog that wins if a male will be a stud dog, how good only time will tell......

Hope you coming to USO the hunt going to be dam tough on dogs - scores going to be high.....

be good-
Lenny

How many will finish with straight dog food no other supplement's no butes reamidals no dex no ivs straight dog like the old days.... Now adays its drugs helpers secrets honey buns five hr energy all kinds of crap... If u win the hunt get a stud... Lol don't kno if ur gettin a good dog or gotta have medicine cabinet wit It... Go to hunt now days an see more needles an drugs at a feild trail than u do on the corner downtown what is it cumin to.... U see it all the time dogs kidneys shuttin down at 2yrs of age when hound of the yr an dies then old so an so was a good one blah blah... Prob still be feedin so n so if wouldn't of shoved all the stuff down there throats... Good luck at the uso may the best Dog win... To me its the same as cheating giving dogs the supplements to finish the trail

The honey bun, the new PED! Glad to know. Is it a special brand or have I missed something.

TO the REAL QUESTION (Love your name)

I ran my 1st hunt in about 1993 and nothing has changed on giving dogs medicine they were giving then and giving now....in the eighties they were giving then and they still giving now, there is no rule in place so hunters can do as they like, good you got opinion on it, you go run 40 miles a day for 4 days in a row with no medicine I bet you wouldn't do to dang good, u be hunting a aspirin or pain pill also, and I bet you be wanting a honey bun to eat as well. Good luck to all coming, going to be tough hunt!!

if you really think back in the day all big name hunters only gave feed and water you are living in a pipe dream, when people compete they always look for advantages, it is no different back in the old, old days - it is human nature!!

Until there is testing in place it will continue to go on right or wrong!!!!

I do know there are some hunters that take extreme good care of there dogs and they perform well,and I know if has to do with the good conditioning and taking good care of them with top shelf feed and proper exercise.

Be Good
Lenny

They should do drug testing on all dogs... It goes back tryin to get the poor man outa the business if so an so can afford different meds. An top shelf dogs its hard for young men trying to get in the business to compete.... Its crazy what fox hunting has become I'm glad ima bout out of it I feel sorry for the average working man tryin to compete wit the likes of the guys out there wit deep pockets

Any young hunter can compete , if he comes across or raises and hangs onto a sure enough freak of a hound. But he's got to be smart enough to hang onto it , when the money men come calling. It can be done - and I work 40 hours a week.

I agree an disagree wit some of the post its not cheating if its not a rule... I've been field trailing for a while now started wit my dad when I was five an I'm 31 now.. the hardest thing for me is haven the time off work to get to field trail. an the entries fees are increasen every year.. Dogs have changed over the years we as hunters are breeding the nose slam outa the hound every one wants the first dog an next thing you no everyone has a pack of cutters an couldn't pack up an run a fox like they pose to.. The drug test is pretty funny but happy hunting an wish I had a dog to make four days of hard running..i say it will be 289 entered an 71 finish the hunt this yrs blue ribbon will really be deserved to strong steady hound..

I was texting with Brad Richardson and he said he coming with 2 athletes, said it going to take a athlete to win in a huge pen with lots of small roads in it.....said he coming to kick tail...lol

I got extra entry on the way from Va (secret Weapon) lol going to help the hunt and build the entry.....

I just was informed I got to go to Charlotte the Monday before cast so I guess I go Sunday and stay night, run up to Charlotte Monday and come back, that evening and finish up my numbers.....I probably going to miss the banquet I hate that because I know Sam Huck's going to have it hooked up.

Must be some excitement in the air - lots of hits on USO post over 5K.....

I say 337 to cast and 62 blue ribbons to be given away....

Good Luck - to all coming be safe in your travels to and from the pen....

Lenny

Who is Brad Richardson? I looked at the forecast for next week and looks like things will be HEATing up for the USO!!! This will be one for the history books, can'twait to see eeveryone!!! Even caught a guy today trying to steal a dog for the hunt!!

Stump, ooooweeee better be ready for them Robins I was told!!!

CHUBBS I TOLD MARK WERE YOUR PEN WAS BUT I DIDNT KNOW HE WENT TO STEAL A DOG TO RUN.DONT HOLD IT AGAINST ME.BRAD TOLD MARK HE WAS GOIN AN THE STRESS IS BUILDIN.

Who coming from Va? I might need dog catch ride. ... Thanks
Be good
Lenny

Call Page or Gary. I know they will be there

Hilton my buddy Ben Graham is over at old 74 picking my new dog from the great state of va. I get dog today ... tomorrow he going uso

How many were cast this morning?

273 were cast. This will go down as one of the toughest hunts in history.
Crowe, looks like you owe Hilton his lunch.
Sure wish I could be there but my one hound is in great hands with Paul Caskey. Probably better than me being there.HaHa

1 2