​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Panacur Horse Wormer

Just wondering if any one has ever used it and how well it works . Thanks for any input you might have on it .

Re: Panacur Horse Wormer

Please be careful. You know what I mean.

This is the main wormer I have used on my dogs for years. I like the liquid the best vs. the paste. Generally giving it to them every 3 months or so is plenty. However, you do need to give it 3 days in a row at 1 cc per 5 lbs. of body weight. That being said, like with any wormer it is a good idea to mix it up by using a different type of wormer every now and again.

What is the rate that you give each hound per day of the Panacur paste. The rate of dosage is 1 cc for every five pounds of weight of the hound of the liquid Panacur. How much do you give of the paste. Do any one use Panacur paste?

I have started using the paste . I give mine one click on the twist dial . But I don't know if I am giving to much or not enough.

You have to be careful when you use horse wormer in a paste. Right it is the same medicine, but some medicines can be loaded differently. Say you buy some horse wormer, and they say give the horse the whole tube. Well, the right amount of meds. may be in the tube but it may all be in the bottom, or the middle, or the top. It doesn't have to be evenly distributed in the tube.

This is why people get different results. Best to use liquid panacur.

Good luck

Several years ago Daddy mixed it with water and give it 3 days in a row, but I can't remember how many cc's of water he used. Does anyone else do this or know the amount?

Yes David me,Buster & your daddy used it a lot,it will work,I still use it on beagles & cur dogs now with good results.