​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The best dog "you" ever heard or seen run

What is the best dog you ever heard or watched run. I am talking about a hound that you, yourself, listened to or watched run.

Re: The best dog "you" ever heard or seen run

Bushley Creek Annie hands down.

Kirkland's MonkeyTail & National F.Ch Seymour's Lil Rally

Efirds little pop. Best hound on four legs in a long time. Placed and won inside and outside the wire all over the country. Ran with and against her alot

Tiny Hellums

Lil Freedom
Own by Skinny Smith (Best Mouth)Best Hound I ever heard r saw.

Ch. Spires Sissy not just my opinion but most people that watched her said she was the best that ever ran in the Sandsifters.

Slaters Daylight...(Jackies Nightlight X Seals Polly)

Little pop ran with her and against her a lot in a pen or out fine hound

Yazoo Kelly Rose I was young but remember her from that Miss/La trial in Norwood she was something else this was on the outside she won going away

Williams Black Betty, fastest and most enjoyable Williams GD Jim.

This is interesting, lets keep it going. There have been a lot of great hounds that for whatever reason nobody ever knew about

Bushley Creek Annie,she could run something FAST like she was tied to it or she could slow down and dodge on a gray fox if she needed to,had a good mouth to go along with it.

Baileyville Johnny & George 2 black rockets they was the hardest running hounds I've ever witnessed run they was a pleasure to watch run

I've been blessed to get the opportunity to watch several nice dogs run. But here are a few that will always stick out CH Webb's Red gal has an excellent nose and rarely made a run over and could get out from under a pack of hounds without having to cut. Another was Christi's Lincoln and he could flat over power dogs with a good mouth and watched dogs just quit even trying to get in a race with him.

Halters laura was as good as they came but that was years ago would run game like she was tied to it getting away from hounds with ease as she was driving it yonder... but I don't imagine any of you guys would remember that it was a long time ago

Ambler Ridge Black Flame was the fastest and most complete hound I ever seen or owned!! Could run the track as fast as I have ever seen. Could flat pull out from under dogs!

VALENTINES LITTLE CHICK HAD IT ALL. SHE COULD 3 HR WITH THE BEST OR 3 DAY WITH BEST WITH A TENOR MOUTH SECOND TO NONE. SHE COULD DOMINATE A PACK OF 50 OR RUN IT BY HERSELF IT REALLY DIDNT MATTER.

The best hound I have ever had was RICE'S ACE !

Can't narrow it down to one. TOP Five: Pinedale Clown, Brady's Black Widow,
L&P Whiskey Yates, Ward's Quick Lip, and Big City Express.

By far the most dominant hound I've ever put my eyes on was Terribones REBA!!!

Efirds little pop hands down and as a brood gyp can probably still outrun most hounds

Lil pop gyp was a bad lil unit

Most enjoyable hound for me was Guyotte's Audrey aka the Hurricane. As good a mouth as a hound could have. Could do it for 3 hrs or 3 days. Could still dominate dogs at 6 yrs old. Still can outrun anything I got. I need another one just like her. Old Audrey could get it done.

Bonds Big Sky Jake! Could flat run and do it for 3hrs 5hrs or three days didn't matter. Would skin that butt and sound and look good doing it! Even if you didn't Know him you wanted to after a days running.

This is very interesting to look at to remember these hounds and see the folks different opinions but was just curious as to why on a post like this people still forget there names its a shame just my input happy hunting .

Bushley Annie was a good one no doubt,her daddy Bushley creek Charger was also a good one. I know if I could find 2 like them now I would get back in the dog business. I would have loved to had them & them been the same age as the little chick & ill pop because I'm sure they would have all won there share of the other one's money,both of their owners definitely know a good one & how to get one ready for a hunt.

Bushley Creek Annie,Efrids LIL POP,or BH Spirit

Bushley Creek Annie was as good as they come.

I cant narrow it down to 1, ran with some good ones over the years....

James Busy - (Shawn James - owner of the dog was out of sports money man)
Busy was not a champion but I know he won SD at at least 5 - 3day hunts placed in a LOT MORE, he was big W/L dog and was bad medicine.....

Hard Rock Smutt - dog was out of Clibornes Rock, this hound I think placed in about 20 3day hunts and finally won her championship late in her career in either pooles or creedmour

Eaddy's Ginger - dog never made a champion but was for sure worthy, the 1st couple years I field trialed Donald CHOO CHOO Eaddy placed this doG every hunt over and over and over....

Dono's Batman - pleasure ran with this hound and field trialed against him, he won SD several times, big strong white dog that could dominate....

Dono's Frog - a endless wonder, this dog placed in over 15, 3day hunts I got opportunity to run with him also he was fast and could run yote or fox, he won 3 hunts in 3 pens, I took him with me to all American in 2003ish and he placed 6th sd and won best mouth and the dog was gettn old, that was in old picayune pen.

I had few dogs long time ago that used to run with the above dogs and on occasions beat them, one of the most powerful dogs I owned was Dog Bluff Amy Lynn, she died real early on, right before she died she placed in 4 (3day) hunts in a row winning the last one, she was out of jungle Jim and could do it.....Samantha Fox Crowe, Dog Bluff Jenna J, Dog Bluff Rita and Ginger were the best I hung a collar on.....and I only hope I don't have to wait to long to get me one just like them soon....

Be good

Lenny

Barefoot's Lemonade was one of the best I have ever seen. She could do it on the outside and in the wire. She won the All- American in the pen and the NC State and the Pee Dee on the outside.

Iv been wiped by so many good dogs its hard to narrow it down to one but
one that always sticks out in my mind is Grants Crazy got to pleasure hunt with him some and iv seen him at a 3 day run the entire first 2 days and nights and caught him 15 minutes before roll call the 3rd day feed him recast him and he still finished and placed in the top 5.no telling what Tookie Grant could have won with him if he could have got him up.Iv never seen another hound that tough or hard to get up.

Here are a few more i trialed against and saw at the hunts but never pleasure hunted with them, Wards Quick Lips, saw her win 2 hunts, Hoehners Slide,Slinger and bold ruler all outstanding, Mighty Man he turned the right way every time when I saw him, saw kidd's gone famous when I went to Jena - he looked good. I saw Jean Hellums the 1st time I went to sandsifter and she placed and looked good...bout left off good one, Big Oaks Elle Mae, very nice gyp....

later....

Ch. Pinedale Clown B. (pleasure hunted, field trialed with & judged him)
Ch. Wood's Snake (pleasure hunted, Field trialed with & judged him)
Ch. Tiny Hellums (judged her)
Ch. Norris Sam (judged)
Ch. Porter's Topsy (Owned her)
C.M.'s Satsuma (owned her placed in 7 straight 3 days before someone poisoned)

SPIVEYS WHIPLASH S OUT OF HILLS GERTIE GUY XX JOHNSONS MAGGIE D HAD DOMINATING SPEED PLENTY OF HUNT AND WOULD TRAIL IF NEEDED HAD A HARD CHOP MOUTH AND REAL CLASSY WON TWO 3-DAY S&D PLUS 14 1-DAY S&D WON THE HORRY COUNTY OPEN WITH ALOT OF THE DOGS CROWE WAS TALKING ABOUT IN THE FIELD WON SEVERAL COMBOS ALSO A B CH WAS A GREAT PLEASURE TO OWN AND FIELD TRAIL

From the past, my dads DuBose's Red Man, DuBose's Grey Boy, and Jay Howell's Triton dog. At present, Jay Howell's Sir Bill and Scott Heads Bingo. Triton was the best ever.

I could mention several but the ONE that always comes to mind 1st is:

Mo-Jo Dixie B. (Ch. Gonzalsis Janney ex Spires Betty).

She was a high school graduation present from Kelvin Harris to my brother Big Kyle Blakeley back in 2000.
She was only about 19" tall little BB gyp but she knew how to run a piece of game. I've never seen a race she couldn't help. I hunted with her all her life and I don't remember ever seeing her when she wasn't the best hound at any hunt. She was that good. We both enjoyed her and she was the last dog I ever cried over when she died. I promised The Goid Master that day I would never love a hound again like I loved her.

I've seen and heard some good hounds run since her but she was special in a lot more ways than I care to type on here.

True Grit
Jonathan

What is some of the best y'all seen in last few years

ONE THAT COMES TO MIND WOULD BE TURNERS LEVI HE HAD A VERY SUCESSFUL FIELD TRIAL CAREER HE COULD DRIVE HIS GAME AS HARD BY HIMSELF AS HE COULD WITH HELP..HE HAD PLENTY OF HOURS...A MOUTH THAT WOULD MAKE YOUR HAIR STAND UP...HE WASNT AFRAID OF MR COYOTE AND HANDLED LIKE A DREAM....AFTER HIS FIELD TRIAL CAREER WAS OVER HE MADE A VERY NICE DAYLIGHT HOUND.AND WAS A SOLID PRODUCER.....HE CAUGHT A COYOTE ALONG WITH 3 OTHERS ON THE ICE AND FELL THROUH HE LEFT A WAY TO SOON....

Jeremy adcock and Clint Young's captain hook was a nice hound in recent years he could do it all wherever you sit him down

THIS DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING....

IN MY OPINION:
-2 DAY OUTSIDE FIELD TRIAL - BLONDIE / OWNED BY COCKY GRAY (SHE WON COUNTLESS S&D IN MISSOURI)
-3 DAY OUTSIDE FIELD TRIAL - L&W DOG OF SCOTT HOEHNERS (SPIKE I THINK WAS HIS NAME??) (THIS DOG DOMINATED THE MISSOURI OPEN AT GREENFIELD IN GOOD COYOTE COUNTRY)
-BOB HURLEYS BIG PEN - BH BUTTERFLY (HEMPHILLS HAPPY 2 X D&A GRAY GIRL)
-HARLANDS HOME PEN - STONEYS KELLY (GRAYBOY X ?) GRAY JULY GYP THAT LEAD EVERY RACE
-HARLANDS BIG PEN - J.R. - BIG L&W DOG OF STONEYS THAT RUN STRADDLE OF THE SAME COYOTE TRACK FROM CAST UNTIL HE WAS CAUGHT.
-ANTLERS OKLAHOMA - BIG GYP OF IVEY MCDANIELS (JESSIES STRAIGHT RAZOR X ?) I WAS THERE SEVERAL TIMES AND NEVER SEEN ANYTHING RUN LIKE SHE COULD.FAST!
-WING ARKANSAS - BH SPICE (HEMPHILLS JOSH X MACS SADIE)
-VANHOOSIERS PEN (MY ALL TIME FAVORITE PEN)- FAITH GYP OF HAROLD SNYDERS. I SEEN SEVERAL DOGS RUN BETTER SINGLE RACES, BUT FOR ALOT OF YEARS SHE WAS HARD TO OUT RUN.
-HARPERS PEN - SADIE (POLKS SWIPER) AND BH SANDY (MCDANIELS FRED H.) PAIR OF SKINNING TOOLS THAT BELONGED TO BOB HURLEY
-MABEL - BLACK JULY GYP OF WAYNE STUMPS. THIS GYP MADE DOES RUN WITH THEIR TAILS DOWN.
-BIG SAM DILLONS RED LEGS - BLANKET BACK GYP WITH OUTSTANDING MOUTH. ON BAD DAYS WHEN YOU SHOULDNT EVEN BE OUTSIDE HUNTING, RED LEGS COULD RUN A COYOTE LIKE NOTHING IVE EVER SEEN.

IVE SEEN LOTS AND LOTS OF GOOD DOGS RUN OVER THE YEARS, THESE ARE JUST A FEW THAT COME TO MIND.

Re: The best dog "you" ever heard or seen runi

Cutrer's Eagle or Maghee's sticker

AA(d)ZIP JANNEY
HARDEE'S BUSTER
CH. JOLLY'S GREY GHOST
JEFF'S BLACKJACK
PAUL'S RED FOLEY
HIGH CRY DEAL C.
RED, BRENT SCURRY WAS THE LAST OWNER
DARK NIGHT STUPID
PAUL'S SLIVER
STUTT'S RED BIRD

I WISH THERE WAS A LIKE BUTTON ON THIS POST LENNY AND GLENN HIT A FEWTHAT ARE HOME RUNS.

We had a whole litter off of Valentine Stoney and Haydel Patti also Valentine Lil Chick and Terrebone Reba And Lotts Outlaw