​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Garmin Alpha vs Astro with DC 50 collars?

I have never owned a Garmin system before and would like a little input before I buy one. I know I have cousins who have problems with their old systems with collars losing signal a lot and other collars interfering a lot. I guess what I'm asking, is it worth the extra money to get the Alpha or did they fix the problems with the DC 50 collars? Thanks for any advice, just trying to figure out which system to get.

Re: Garmin Alpha vs Astro with DC 50 collars?

Jo Jo I didn't have the 50 collars had the 40 but I got the alpha now and it is awesome. Went to a hunt few weeks ago and never lost service. No complaints on the alpha.

Thanks! Do you know if they are gonna be ok to use at any 3 day hunts or masters hunts with the shocking part on them? I'm ignorant to rules of the big hunts, just curious.

Really don't know on that part Jo Jo

Spend the extra for the alpha. U won't b disappointed...

I have an alpha and it is great

JoJo..... you can use the Alpha in Maters or Nationals affiliated hunts. You cannot use the" shock" feature during the hunt!

AllanBishop
(JabberJaw)

Thank y'all!

The Alpha is the best money iv ever spent.I can catch up in 15 minutes and can stop em in their track out of a deer race.Iv learned from Cody Taylor and Ryan Kidd its all about keeping it updated. I update mine on Garmin website regularly and have not had any problems other than I don't have enough collars.

I was going to get the 320 &dc50 collars but due to the collars back ordering when they first released got an Alpha instead. By far the best money I have ever spent! Every time I go hunting I like it a little more- I have little kids & they go with me a lot. Whenever the hunts over they are ready to catch up & find a McDonalds and some toys. They used to get pretty irritable before I had an alpha when we spent hours beeping, looking for & catching stubborn dogs! I just need to hit the lottery & get a few more collars- really hoping Garmin releases a track only collar for the Alpha! Just my thoughts!