​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Watch out for them Blakely Boys from Al.

Them boys had me and Ronnie to meet them about halfway over at Mr. Don Willis's pen in Russelville Al. and put a whooping on us we ain't gonna forget for a while. Now they were real nice to us while they were doing it,but we still had nightmares that night. We could here ole Windy's big chop mouth all night. He's barely over a year and a half but he's got speed endurance class good mouth and great desire.If he contiues I'm breeding a gyp to him. His moma won 3 3-days 2 1-days and a bunch of 2nd and 3rds.
So if them boys call you wanting to meet you somewhere don't be fooled, they ain't coming just to socialize. Enjoyed it boys. Ronnie still can't sleep.
Darrell

Re: Watch out for them Blakely Boys from Al.

Well not many folks would ever post such a post!
Goes to show you that you boys are reall Foxhunters. I certainly appreciate the good words you said about our hounds. I have never forgot what you boys did for me when you let me have Sally she was just the kind of hound I like. Me and Jon have often speak very highly of The Hurt Boys and how we wished we lived closer so we could hunt more with y'all. I guess you could say I am very humbled to know that if Wendy and Heartbreak continue to run like they should that y'all plan to bred to Wendy. This coming from the men who have owned Champions and that's with an S as in more than one. You two fellows are great Hunters Great Christians and so thankful I can call you my friends!

I hope we can meet again someday before another 7 years are up.

Enjoyed the hunt and fellowship so much.

Thanks again for the good things you have said about our hounds.

Your friend,
Big Kyle
True Grit Kennel
Etowah County

Re: Watch out for them Blakely Boys from Al.

I will agree with Big Kyle not many hunters these days would post such, it shows the class of the Hurt Boys.

We have enjoyed knowing these boys for several years and it is too bad that we don't live closer to these guys. As Big Kyle said when we started home "I could hunt with them boys every week if we just lived closer to them." And I agreed 100%.

The Hurt Brothers have owned several good hounds and we have hounds today that go back to their stuff and they are good hounds, for which we are thankful.

They like good soild hounds that run the track, bark hard, run for the front and don't quit. That sounds like True Grit hounds to me. I guess that is one of the reasons that we can relate to these boys.

They believe in breaking bread when you hunt, well Lord knows Big Kyle and I love to eat. I wished yall could have seen the food we had to eat 01/01/14 at the back of Don Willis' house.

The weather was nice. The hounds run good the fellowships was the best and the food tasted great.

I was glad to get to see our friends Ronnie and Darrell Hurt one more time, I was glad to get to see Mr. Don Willis (Duncan Creek man himself) a ledge if one has ever lived in my life time. He has bred the same family of hounds for over 50 years and they are jus what they are suppose to be run the track pack up together and have dying grit.

Mr. Don is not doing good health wise we should all keep him in our prayers. I am thankful that I got to see him one more time. I forgot to have him stand next to the Hurt Brothers and Big Kyle for a photo, I really meant to do that for future reference. Most of the Big Field Trial boys of today don't care about these men or what they stand for or the kind of hounds they keep, but these boys have done it right and I appericate them for what they are and have meant to my brother and I.

You know everbody wants to leave a legacy when they are gone, if I had my way I hope I can leave a leagacy like the Hurt Brothers, Don Willis, Joe Gibson, Wallace Shiply, and many others that I have come to respect through the years.

These boys bred good tuff hounds that know how to run something, and their breedings must have meant something, my brother and I have some nice young hounds to day that on the bottom go back to the Hurt Brothers, and on the Top go back to Don Willis, pretty neat to me any way. I trust that if The Good Master gives me and Big Kyle life, strength and ability, in 10, 20, 30 ect. years from today we can say these hounds go back to some of the Best hounds that Don Willis, Ronnie, and Darrel Hurt ever had, and they are still producing on. That would be a real accomplishment in my mind.

Thanks Darrell for the goodly words concerning our hounds but I will remind you of what and ole fox hunter told me years ago, "I never minded getting our run by my own stuff." I thought about that a lot while you and Ronnie were bragging on Wendie and Heartbreak on Wednesday. Don't be to sad, they have been running good since they were puppies and if something don't happen to them I look for them to continue to do well, Lord Willing.

Lord Bless you Hurt Boys and if we can ever help yall in any way you feel free to call either one of us any time.

True Grit,
Jonathan Blakeley
Elmore County, AL