​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mr. Leo Shelton passed away

Don't know any details,only that he died last night. Mr. Leo was an old foxhunter who loved a good hound and a good race. He was a very good friend of mine and many more. He will be greatly missed.

Re: Mr. Leo Shelton passed away

Is that the Mr Shelton that owned Sheltons Choo Choo

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Mr. Leo's family. Use to field trial with Mr. Leo back years ago when he was running Shelton's Choo Choo and some more of those Reno hounds. He was a enjoyment to be around and hunt with.

Sorry to hear of this he was a good man and fox hunter going to be miss.GOD BLESS THE FAMILY.

Met him At Joes branch years ago when he had Choo Choo I was just wondering it was the same one

Mr. Leo was a good friend of mine. He was a WWII vet, a teacher(both he and his wife),and later on a pharmacist. He and I wore out many pickup trucks going to neighboring states and buying hounds. Some of his favorites were Renos , Callaway Scouts, and Allison Eagles. He loved a "good mouth" hound that was also tough. He will be remembered as a Christian, an honest man, and just a good old guy. One of his quotes was, I want my hounds to run good, and look good while doing it. Mr. Leo was 93.

Mr. Leo was a good friend of mine,he loved foxhunting and all of the outdoors.I can remember as a kid field trialing with daddy and Mr. Leo. He would always want me to ride with him,and everytime we saw a crossing he would say man man did you see that, boy listen to the mouth on that hound boy man man.If everybody was like this man it would be a perfect world,he will be missed but never forgotten.

Our hearts and prayers go out to the Shelton family from the Ingram's! And Brian you couldn't have said it any better than that, he will be missed very much! A true Foxhunter no doubt!

One the nicest men I have ever known. He loved this sport and would definitely buy a good hound if he saw one. Never heard a negative word come out of his mouth. Have missed seeing him around the last several years. Mr. Shelton you will truly be missed.

I was sorry to hear about the passing of Mr. Leo Shelton. I fox hunted with him off and on for many years. As Benny Canerday said, Mr. Shelton taught school and coached for twenty years before he owned the pharmacy. He enjoyed sports and also liked to squirrel hunt with a dog. The first year the Catahoula Game Management Area was opened for thirty days of dog hunting squirrels, I loaned him my squirrel dog. Mr. Shelton and Mr. Caskey hunted every day the weather permitted. When he brought my dog home he said he could tell me how many squirrels they treed and how many they killed but he wouldn't tell me how many times they shot. I never heard anyone say a thing about him that was negative. This man was the patriarch of a fine family and it was my pleasure to have known him.