​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dog speed on garmin

What does your dog average on speed on your garmin?

Re: dog speed on garmin

On the outside mine usally average between 4 and 6 but in some pens I've got up to between 9 and 12 it really depends on terrain and how fast the garmen is updating

Btt

that speed is predicated on a lot of factors such as terrain, size of pen if inside the wire, the steadiness of the running or if any baying, and how much the dog stays hooked up in the running. a lot dogs that stay out of the running and use the roads quite a bit will tend to have higher speeds, since they can run alot faster down the road than through a thicket.
also, i've learned over the years that pups and younger dogs seem to record higher rates than older dogs. we put our collars on some eight month old pups we are running now and ran them in the Jasper pen where it is open and fast and they have averaged over 3-4 hours of running between 10-11 mph.
for older dogs over the last couple years in different pens it seemed like they were around 8-9 mph on average, sometimes more, but seldom less.
that feature will only tell you as much as you understand how it works. regardless, it's still fun to look at!!

well said! Cary Don

wish u could explain that to some I hunt with

You guys pretty much hit the nail on the head with you speed estimates,I watch my dog speed an it ranges about the same, some of the speeds put on here before was a little out of range,especially for my dogs,or for anybodys dogs Buddy

Buddy my friend, I always tought you were using a sun dial to track old smileys speed

well you are half right Rodney ole smillie is getting a little past his prime, but he can still take care those july pops so the point being bring them on. sure looking forward to Stilwel getting the pen ready when you come home we can run again.Tommie told me he got a couple of hounds from you he wanted a couple weeks to get them back in shape like that will help him.have a good week keep them straight in Texas talk to you when you get back. your friend. Buddy

Buddy, if you will spend a little of that money and by a wagon, I'm sure that one of them dogs I let Tommy run, can pull old smiley up close to a race

one of them dogs is pretty fast if Tommie can catch him..the red one. twister will get him in shape pretty fast.Stiwel fixing those roads the red dog get use to that sand in his face Hope he gets the pen ready my dogs are fat...Mr stilwel call me when you get a break. I want to hear about those new dogs you got. smillie said he is ready for them Buddy