​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gamp Shelby Hunts?

When is the next outside hunt in Camp Shelby going to be?

Re: Gamp Shelby Hunts?

hopefully soon. great woods lots of game great people great hunt probly after deer season

Thinking about having a 2 day hunt in camp shelby would like to have some input on entry fee,how many hrs a day,and anything else to make it successful.Post on here or give me a call.601-270-2692 thanks

We would like to see a 2 day. Thank it would be good. God Bless!!!

Myself and several Florida folks would like to come if it doesnt fall on dates of the hunts in Blackwater or Conecuh/Blue Springs hunts

2 day 5 hours each day. Only trouble is going to be gettin the same dog back for day 2 an not a fresh one. Need to leave dogs at kennels. But yes we are very interested in comeing.

I agree 2 five hour days . Gone be hard to keep folks from putting different dogs in on second day just got to hope you get true honest hunters . I would say $75 a dog .entry .

We saw and ran a lot of coyotes during deer season

Why such a high entry fee for outside hunt?

Who is it that's been switching dogs on y'all over there? Seems like if cheating was a concern you would want to keep the entry fee lower.

I higher the entry the more it pays out . Just saying my opinion really doesn't matter . I am gone run in it if its $100 a dog

I don't know anybody that would switch dogs I was just going on what the person before me said .

In my opinion if you had a small entry fee you would get more people to come see what the hunt is like and then have more return next time then a couple years when its start bringin in the numbers bump up your entries. people are more likely to travel come try it if its cheaper entries. then when they see they like it they gonna come no matter what. just my thoughts but is see your point about the payout but I was thinkin about building up the hunt for success for future!
I dont ever win the payouts so it wasnt on my mind!!

$50 entry all dogs stay at kennels. Cheaters get azz whooping !!!

$25 a dog 5 hours each day

Clayton are they enough kennels for everybody to keep their dog down there. I am ready for the hunt lets get it in the works . Lol

I could bring more dogs at 25 each. But im not leaving my dog at no kennel i want to be where i can keep an eye on them. Just my thoughts. God Bless!!!

Then don't come runnin on faith dogs stay at the kennel . We worked hard setting these kennels up for hunters and they will be used Cheating is gettin too bad it's more about the dollar now a days

Ok Mr no name I want be there so yall have a Great hunt.. God Bless!!!

That's not the way to act toward good Christian folks such as Jordan Green . If that's the way folks is gone be treated you can count me and my 8 entries out too. Shelby Man I am sure you know me man up and use a real name.

Oh its ok Mr. Chuck i am sure they no me aswell to. I have supported every hunt that they have had from the first one. Even placed a dog 8th place a few years a go. But im a big boy i mean i even no my own name lol. I am not worried about a man that dont no his name... Hope it turns out to be a good hunt.. God Bless!!!

A series would be something to think about. Advertise a small add in the chase magazine for each hunt. That gets you eligible for the one day test of the best winnings that the chase and purina does every year. Also, everyone knows a real good hound can get out of pocket on the outside and not score good. So, a series of hunts would give you more than 1 chance to get your hound in there. For the final you will have around half the hounds you would normally have with the same # of judges. Bottom line...... Better chance of the very best hound winning and possibly get in the " test of the best" standings. If the hound can be chase reg. just something to think about. P.s. I don't think anyone has to worry about a $ 75 dollar entry fee........high entry= less participation.

Ch. 29 didn't leave but a lil handful of bucks in the area so the odds of leaving the country are lower now. Thanks 29!!!!!

I agree with everything but the dog having to be registered. That piece of paper don't mean anything

I may have read that wrong about Chase registered .

Man I don't know if I got a dog to run 5 hrs must less 2 days. Guess I will start practicing so I can try to be ready

C and C you already said you were not coming to hunt so quit posting on this topic. Thanks

Was waitin for somebody to say that yall tryin to make a name for yourself by postin all over this site let your dogs do that c & c

Mine has already done that down there

I will be there just to see if one of you cowards will step up to my face

C&C (Chuck) you must be one BAD ... fella. Everywhere I look on this computer you calling someone out. Never forget, one day somebody will WELCOME your call out and it want be GOOD for you. Anyone that gets on this computer and runs there mouth like you do will always get bashed. GOOD LUCK (Chuck).

Anytime

Guess I will quit before y'all get butt hurt and take me serious .

We be back Clayton 2 days always better than one !!!

has there been a date set for this hunt yet

I don't know who posted using my name but that ain't funny!! I think we should have a series of hunts if we can get judges to participate several weekends in a row. If we can't do that then let's have a 2 day

?? Btt

I would like to come to a 2 day hunt. Herd a lot about these woods an would be willing to come to a hunt.