​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
We must press on!

On this day Jan 22 2014 my brothers pig hound passed away. He was registered as True Grit PigmeB and was the last off spring of my True Grit Cadilac hound.

Where to begin.... I bred this hound and raised him till he was 8 months old. I told my brother who had moved south thAt he was the ugliest hound I had ever raised and he was. Big Jon would say just keep him till I can get my kennel built so I can out run you with an ugly pigme colored hound!

At about 2 1/2 I remember sitting listen to this hound run a real race and about 3 that morning I decided that I would own me some of that stock as he was dominating the race! The next morning he was looking At the yore with blood in his eyes and I beging to think then that I had to tighten up. After catching him off I shook my brothers hand and told him I would be back but last night you and that pig dog had out run me and my hounds badly!

When the hound was 7 on hot night in July I seen him work a race up and make it run like no other hound seemingly could do!
He was regular at 7 and until he recently got down sick at 8 years old. I hear folks so you can't expect a hound to run at 5 but our hounds do this is part of being True Grit. Yes there has been that didn't and doesn't make the cut but for many years if my brother was going hunting he had ol pig with him. Was he the fastest? No was he the gamest? No. But one thing about you could count on that ol black spotted hound to jump and Run a piece of game. This is a set back but at least we got a few pups trending towards the mark!

He was and always will be 1 of the True Grit hounds that has help set the bar!

True grit kennel,
Etowah county,
Kyle Blakeley

Re: We must press on!

Thanks to my brother for the post concerning my favorite hound for several years now. He was the best male hound I have ever owned, period!

Teardrop Raider his grand sire was faster. Hi Ball Stride was tuffer but Pig was the best alround hound I ever owned.

He never let me down. He was the same hound no matter day or night, wet or dry, cold or hot, it just didn't matter! If there was something to run he would HUNT it up and jump it and run it like he knew what he was doing.

I've been asking Big Kyle for a long time what will I do when the ole man dies? That's my jump dog my ace in the hole so to speak. The question still remains.

I will be real honest tonight I dread going hunting the next time due to I know I can't take ole Pig.

No I never made a god out of him but I did appericate The Lors allowing me to own such a hound for a little while.

I remember the morning that Big Kyle mentioned and I remember him shaking my hand that morning like it was yesterday, and I will be real honest it brought tears to my eyes that day as well as today, just thinking about it causes my heart to swell up.
That moment was better than any hunt I've ever won, because I knew that ole ugly black spotted dog had impressed Big Kyle a lot during that hunt, and let me tell you that ain't easily done.

Ole Pig will be missed and not forgotten but as Big Kyle said we must press on.

I could tell of many hunts and many races but I won't tonight, I will just say one more time thank you Lord for allowing me to own such a hound.

True Grit
Jonathan
Elmore County, AL

are yal for real?

@ Fox Hunter

Are we for real? Yes!!!!

The question are you for real? Going by the name "fox hunter" and yet I doubt you have any idea what it means to be an ol timey, study out a hounds blood work stay up at nights wondering what to breed your best gyp to, loosing sleep while hounds are punishing a piece of game knowing you got more work to do when you get home than you will ever get done, driving 5 hours to a big hunt on money you have scraped up by doing odd jobs cause all your payday goes to feed/pay bills for your family and try to compete in this modern world of field trialling but most of all knowing what a True Grit Hound Really really is and demanding something that just is Not demanding in hunting anymore a hound that wants the front runs his heart out time after time then dies on you at 8 years old.

Yes we are for real!

I put a God first and Church 2nd my family 3rd then my job then my hounds!

We are old school and love it!
If you don't like it that's ok but don't knock it especially while using the name "Foxhunter "

True Grit Kennel
Etowah County
Kyle Blakeley

your the best! poor ole flying cloud. press on . you be ok. i am 71 year old with a fox pen with nothin but red fox in it. 400 acre. live in it 7 days a week..never shot a deer or ate any.5th generation hunter. never heard you. thougt you were tellin a funny story.but you press on in this ole world anyway. you be ok.as much as you seem to know.didnt mean hurt your feelings. but it sounded like you were bein silly willie. i do stand corrected. light n up. and send some money to ark childrens hospital hunt. they are sad.

Black leg Foxhunter if your 71 then you know what we're talking about. Wasn't trying to be smart but so many on this page are always trying to stir the pot!

Hope you enjoy your red fox running in your pen.

True Grit
Etowah county
Kyle