​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
* * * A few answers to some Masters Field Trial questions * * *

I've been getting asked questions , so I'll put some info on here for all.

How was the USO ? Did the game hold up ?
-----------------------------------------

From hunters and judges.... All the running the dogs wanted, and more than alot wanted. The last day there were 2 and 3 yotes crossing in the races. And plenty of reds and grays , if that's your particular flavor.

It is my understanding that the pen is now shut down for even more stocking , and will be back open after the next one day hunt , that is Feb 8th. You will have to check with Mr Richard on this, about the availability for running.

There will be 2 or 3 one day hunts between now and the Masters to keep the pressure on the game , and get it in shape. And I'm sure there will be plenty practicing in between.

How do I reserve numbers ?
---------------------------

You can start reserving numbers and get on the "draw list" starting at 8:00 AM , CENTRAL TIME , on Friday Feb 14th by calling Brenda Turner at 573-322-5230.

Any numbers that are NOT on the draw list are available to be reserved. There are NO zero numbers used in this hunt (01, 07, etc, etc)

How does the "draw" work ?
---------------------------

All the good numbers people like (single digits, double digits, and all numbers with two 1's in them - 311, 131 , etc.) are in a pot and drawn, one person at a time, one number at a time.

Who gets to draw ?
-------------------

The entry fee is $100 per dog, and there is a $10 membership. With your membership you can draw a number. If you are part of a kennel , and lets say there are 3 members in the kennel , if all 3 members are there to draw - EACH pays a $10 membership to be allowed to draw a number.
You must be there to draw - nobody can draw numbers for anyone else.
The drawing continues till all the numbers are gone.

Is there anything else ?
-------------------------

There is a sportsmanship agreement that the Masters asks every hunter and judge to sign.
It is just that - SPORTSMANSHIP. Follow the rules, do as you know you should , and everything will be fine.

We will start taking memberships/sportsmanship sign up at 8 am , Wed morning March 19th at the Lowcountry pen, and will start the number drawing at 9 am.

We will start entering dogs immediately after the draw is done. We will take entries till 4 pm. Then we will take entries after the banquet/leaderboard awards. These late entries will be taken back at the pen, and will be cutoff at 10 pm. There will be NO entries the day of the hunt (Thursday).

As always , If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions , you can email me.

Hank Cranford
2014 Masters President

Re: * * * A few answers to some Masters Field Trial questions * * *

What if you have a lifetime membership to the Masters??? Do you still have to pay the $10 membership to draw?

Re: * * * A few answers to some Masters Field Trial questions * * *

Nothings changed...lifetime is lifetime.

Just make sure you bring it, or confirm it's on Brenda Turner's master list.