​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dogs not gaining weight

I have two dogs that don't gain weight no matter what I do or how much I feed them and they are kind of poor looking. Been feeding showtime 24/20 for about a year now but dogs have been this way since I got them. They are wormed regularly with the Wormout pill by vetafarm and safeguard. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Re: dogs not gaining weight

Does need help have a name.. I use dyne it is a sweet creamy looking stuff I get at my local feed store. thanks happy hunting and GOD BLESS

Switch feed to Diamond High Energy! Had the same trouble.

What does dyne do and how often do you give it and how much? Thanks

Buddy It sounds like a whip worm .. All those wormers do not catch whip worms but atgard does it is some bad stuff my dogs had same issue I used atgard and they filled out and look totally different . They put weight on I feed same feed

where do you get atgard at? I can't find it anywhere

Most feed stores carry it, it is a hog wormer.

How much do you use to worm a dog ?

Where can u order Atgaurd from? They quit carrying it in north Mississippi

All the feed stores around us here say it is not discontinued but backordered. But no one can tell me when they will be getting some. Looks like it may never get back on store shelves. Figures. Things that actually work tend to get taken off shelf.

If you can't get atgard what else is there to use?

safeguard (fenbendazole) for goats. I bought it over counter at feed store. vet told me to use it and it cleared my dog right up

How many cc per 40lb dog

one cc per 7 pounds

that's for three days

drontel +

It takes 22.7mg per pound of Fendbendazole per pound to treat a dog for worms. If you get the Safeguard 10% goat wormer that has 100mg per cc then you will need 9cc for three days in a row.

Had a bird dog that did the same thing. I wormed him with the worm out pills from vet a farm, Safeguard, zitramectin,, and everything else. Took him to the vet and they tested him, he was worm free. Been feeding him double what I fed everything else and he ate it all. The vet said he has seen it before that I should change feeds. I gave him a half a pot of spiggetti sauce I had left over and he blew up like a balloon. I started back on the same feed and he has been healthy ever since. Try feeding him some scraps first then put him back on dog food and see if this helps. I also had him on dyne and everything else and it didn't help. Just my opinion.

Where can you find atguard now? Best wormer I ever used. Can't find it in N.C.