​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Masters - 24 Days to Cast......

The Masters is around the corner - I know when I got on draw list I was 109, so I assume there is a big crowd coming. I do know there isn't a huge crowd from my area going, they got a belly full at the USO, me I am hard headed ready to see old friends I missed last year and see some new ones that are new to the masters.
I have been to all the big hunts, Nationals, USO, All American, Masters, American Invitational, Ogeechee River, Western Open, ETC - > the most athletic hounds I have ever seen in big groups were at the Masters year in and year out, I know hunters will load 2 dogs and travel 850 miles and be serious about whipping someone, most of the hunters, not all who attend the masters bring there best they don't bring every hound in the kennel hoping to get a hunting score and slip in the last day they bring what they think can get it done.

Be good and I hope to see you at the 2014 Masters!!!

Lenny

Re: Masters - 24 Days to Cast......

Crowe anxious to hunt with you'll again. We took a pretty good whipping from those N.C. boys this weekend, going to try and get some of that back at the Masters. From the Draw List numbers and reserve numbers looks like the numbers will be up pretty good.

See you there

The numbers are looking good. The pen is getting cleaned up from the ice storm...roads getting graded, 35-40 judges on treadmills getting in shape to keep up with the hounds.

I just hope my North and South Carolina buddies don't put too much on the crowd before they get here.

The Mississippi crowd will have a chance for redemption from the Breeders Cup , and the Georgia and Florida crowd will get a chance after the Florida State.

However...be warned East Coast...the word out of the fine state of Louisiana is that they are coming...and coming hard.

I hear tell, that one fellow is so confidant that he's bringing a stock trailer to haul all his feed and $$$ home with - a regular trailer won't be enough.

Of course , the Arkansas crowd tells me they've heard those tales before and say there's not a lot to it....

Guess we'll see.

Got a good report from Lonnie today, got my pack at CM getting tighten up for masters, Lonnie said all 4 looked good today, and I am surprised cause Lonnie is pretty tough on dogs...reminds me of tbe way Hubert Clemons he would be dead honest with his assessment of your dog, even if it wasn't good.
Can't wait to get there and hang hear good race at masters.

Lenny

Headed to C&M to run with Lonnie Ward tomorrow. We going to eat a fat breakfast let dogs run 4.5 to 5hrs and catch up....Gettn these dogs ready to whip Ducote and Smith and Tic Turd Knls in a few weeks.....cant wait to eat steak every night......

lol be good

Lenny

Ducoto - trouble for you boyz, the new dog ave 13.2 miles per hour today, ran 57 miles....looking at game, with good tongue....the others were doing there thing.....

LOL - Be good -

We had good running, ate bacon cheese burgers (2) for lunch and only thing thing it was 30 degrees, windy for while early this morning, hope we get warmer weather when you boys come our way.

Lenny

It is official, the entire crowd from Aynor, Galivants Ferry are not coming to the masters.Good hounds, the Paul dog of Archie and Dans, kyle todd got pen full of Champions, Bruce and charlie all staying home, kinda disappointed. But the show will go on, the hunt will be good one, Hank doing great job with all the stuff he giving away.
From NC all I know not coming is Lonnie, the quick Catch crew, and haven't heard if Mike Mcshane coming.
Be good 2 weeks training. ....

Im probable gonna get my ass cut but I'm coming. This will be I think my 10 th masters.
See u soon

Ramada Inn 803-473-5135
Quality Inn 803-473-7550

Ask for Foxhunters discount