​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kennel Cough

We seem to be experiencing a round of kennel cough spreading fast through our dogs. We are treating with antibiotics but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get rid of this fast? We are giving antibiotic shots and the antibiotic that is mixed in their water. We've never had this before so any advice will be greatly appreciated! Even our little inside dog and our lab is sick. Please help!

Re: Kennel Cough

The best thing I have found to knock it out quick is 1.5cc of Dawn Dishwashing soap with 1.5 cc of water down the throat for 3 days in a row. its worked for me.

Sulfamethoxazole/ trimethoprim in your medicine cabinet possibly or another name would be Bactrim from a vet. Same thing. It's a upper respiratory med

LA 200 3CC BY MOUTH 3 TO4 DAYS IN A ROW WILL CLEAR IT UP

I have had success using Nuflor. It is a medication used in cattle for respiratory infection. 2ccs down throat or under skin is what I have used. Be careful with not to overdo. I have also done nothing. Usually 10-14 days it will run its course.

Thanks everyone for the advice. We actually started with the LA200 yesterday by injection so today we tried it by mouth. We'll see how this goes!

YOU SHOULD'NT INJECT THE LA200.

The dawn works but you got to use the anti bacterial kind. It will knock it out quick.

dont inject with la 200 by mouth only

Give the LA200 by mouth (orally) & you can supplement with 1/2 teaspoon of Robitussin, which will help prevent the coughing; & it will not hurt them.
It will let them rest better, & rest equates to helpful recovery!

Good Luck & hope you get rid of it soon. Will take 5-7 days!

Allan Bishop
(Jabber Jaw)

We actually did the LA200 by mouth yesterday afternoon and our little inside dog slept better last night. Our lab sounded really bad this morning. My husband said our walkers sounded better yesterday afternoon too. I read online about the Robitussin but haven't tried it. Will definitely purchase that today! I'm not sure about the dawn thing but my husband said he'd try it! I told him they'll be coughing bubbles! We really appreciate everyone's advice! It's great to have a wealth of knowledge from friends/co-hunters at our fingertips! Hoping we're mending fast!

anyone that comes to your pen better bleach there feet leaving, cause they will take it with them, and they don't need to touch any dog to get it on there cloths, that's how its passed a lot of the time, can give them bordello up there nose and probably wont get it again, but it wont work till they get well, it will run its course and then leave, but can come back at any time , expecially this time of year