Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The 2014 Masters write up

The 2014 Masters Field Trial
The Low Country Fox Run
Manning, SC

Well this one is in the books. We survived ice storms, no electricity for a few days , 3-4 inches of rain for 2 days before the hunt and flat tires on dog food trailers – but we had a pretty good one.

Richard Evans promised me he would have the running and he did not disappoint. I was in the pen each day with drinks, snacks and gathering scores and you always heard running when you stopped. In addition to the smaller races all over the pen, the last day there were 2 monster races for about half the day and it really made the judges and hounds rise up .

I want to thank Mr Pete Warren for mastering this hunt for us. He led a group of 37 judges. I knew in 2000 acres I wanted them to get looked at , and Pete and the judges made that happen. Mrs Wendy Boone had her hands full entering the scores, and I want to thank her. If I heard correctly , she entered over 7800 speed and drive scores – not bad for a 3 day hunt !

I want to thank Mr John Allen for serving as our bench show judge. He had quite a large group to pick thru , and was very diligent in his work till he found our winner. Thanks to Black Gold for sponsoring the bench show as well as the kid’s bench show.

I’d like congratulate Vaden Bond for winning the field with Wheeler, back to back field champion in one of the hardest hunts to win in the country is an extremely rare feat to accomplish. Also congratulations go to Runt Kidd for winning the bench show – if I’m not mistaken, I was told that was her 21st win – amazing. It was truly a nation wide hunt. Hounds from 14 states , and I think 6 states were represented in the top 10 – NC,La,Miss,Ga,Mo,and SC.

I’d like to thank Mr Chuck Haaland with Specialty Feeds for sponsoring the Specialty Feeds Challenge – the daily winner seems to be a hit.

I want to thank Mrs Brenda Turner – without her , there would have been no hunt, and that can be said for the other 8 or 10 hunts she’s involved with. She is non stop working on hunts, dogs and everything else involved. She is absolutely the engine that drives the field trial train. Thanks BT. Thanks very much for everything.

I want to thank all my friends that came to support the hunt from across the country. It truly was great to see everyone and I just wish I had a little more time to laugh it up more with ya’ll – but I will make it up the next go round. I feel blessed to know so many good people.

Without the sponsors we wouldn’t be able to do near as much as we do …from shirts, hats, bags, blankets, magazine subscriptions, cups, dog supplies, dog food and cash - these folks ALWAYS STEP UP !

Folks, please remember to support those who support us. Here’s a list of those who helped:

The Hunters Horn, The Chase , Terry Walker, Ronnie McMillan, Black Gold Dog Food, Showtime Feeds , The Pride Dog Food, Johnsons Telemetry, Specialty Feeds, Sportsmix , 3 Rivers Hound Supply, Wally Johnsons Hound Supply, Stan Durants Advanced Crafting and BB Graphics.

Hope everyone had a good time, and safe travels. I’m sure they will announce shortly when and where next years hunt will be – hope to see all ya’ll again soon.

- Hank Cranford
2014 Masters President